NHL'94 Forums

A simple suggestion....

c4outlaws

Ok, so I am a member of the SNES superbuds AIM group. Sure, I keep my AIM on at all times because I have the app on my phone so I would like to suggest an idea. Guys in this group use it to contact other players, which is fine but here is my issue...if you send a group message looking for games to play and someone responds then it would be appreciated if the 2 players would continue the conversation privately and NOT as a group message. I think it's dumb for me to get 20 messages of other coaches trying to play their game. I think a lot of coaches shut AIM off for this reason which is why people have a hard time finding coaches during the seasons. I am just suggesting that once a conversation has started then please take it to a personal conversation, not the group.

Yeah, most people will think I am whining about it but those who think that are probably the ones sending the 20 messages, lol.

Hopefully if people cooperate then more coaches will be willing to keep their AIM on.

Thirded. I sign off of AIM whenever the Gens one starts turning into random rambling that has nothing to do with me. I don't know if there's a way to shut off notifications from a group message but it would be a godsend.

I'm in agreement.

You can mute the sound for any group.

Thirded. I sign off of AIM whenever the Gens one starts turning into random rambling that has nothing to do with me. I don't know if there's a way to shut off notifications from a group message but it would be a godsend.

I think this is only if you install their crappy app though? I haven't found a way to turn a group through my browser, which would be great.

I think this is only if you install their crappy app though? I haven't found a way to turn a group through my browser, which would be great.

You can do it in Pidgin as well (a simple no bloatware multi-IM client)

I'm in agreement.

You can mute the sound for any group.

I'm not talking sound, I'm talking the constant blue flashing alerting me of nonsense messages.