1. Round Robin - Play 4 Games - must win 2 to advance to the playoffs (Since we don't have as many as we originally hoped for, I'm thinking of increasing this to 6 games for the round robin and having to win 3 to advance just to give guys more games for their money.) Any Forfeits (and I hope there will be none) will be a 1-0 score.
2. Players who qualify for the next round will be seeded. Tie breakers separated first by wins, then +/-, then by whoever registered earliest for the tournament.
3. There will be a best of 3 play in round to get to 16 teams. (with 32 players on a console, it works out to about 20 players qualifying.) The bottom seeded players will play in those B03 elimination series.
4. It will be a double elimination playoff tournament.
5. The winners side of the bracket will be B03. The only exception is if the remaining player for the loser's bracket beats the remaining player from the winner's bracket, they would play one more game only (instead of another BO3). (See N Below).
6. The losers side of the bracket is B01.
So the day would look something like this:
A. registration/explanation of rules (30 minutes) (there will be registration on friday night as well, which should take care of the majority of people).
B. Opening round - two groups for sega, two groups for snes (90 minutes)
C. Opening round 2 - two groups for sega, two groups for snes (90 minutes)
D. Break to sort out seeding (20 minutes)
E. play-in games (12 minutes) ** 16 players remaining once completed.
F. Winners BO3 (35 minutes) **
G. Winners BO3 R2, Losers BO1 R1 (35 minutes) ** 12 players remaining once completed.
H. Winners BO3 R3, Losers BO1 R2 (35 minutes) ** 8 players remaining once completed.
I. Winners BO3 R4, Losers BO1 R3 (35 minutes) ** 6 players remaining once completed.
J. Losers BO1 R4 (12 minutes) ** 4 players remaining once completed.
K. Losers BO1 R5 (12 minutes) ** 3 players remaining once completed.
L. Loser Bracket Final B01 (12 minutes) ** 2 players remaining once completed.
M. Championship Final 1 B03 (35 minutes) **
N. Championship Final 2 (if necessary) BO1 (12 minutes) **
O. King of 94 Final BO3 final between SEGA and SNES Champions (Game 3 is one goal to win it.) (30 minutes)
** Extra time added for Dual System players remaining