NHL'94 Forums

Playoffs

orangeblack92

I was trying to make all the playoff matchups the same on the updated 94 rom by swos and when i got the game to the startup menu, if I tried to switch teams it froze, so i had to be the red wings for it to work. How do I fix this? :huh:

• 2 months later...
I was trying to make all the playoff matchups the same on the updated 94 rom by swos and when i got the game to the startup menu, if I tried to switch teams it froze, so i had to be the red wings for it to work. How do I fix this? :huh:

wboy mentioned this freeze in his original post about playoff matchups. I haven't seen an actual explanation of and solution for the problem, though :(

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=59

There are limitions in how you must arrange your matchups. While I haven't explored it in full (only found this out today), some matchups can cause the rom to hang when switching left of right through the teams in playoff mode.
Edited by smozoma

try making sure every team has a spot in the playoffs allocated to them? Otherwise you may come up on a team with no opponent which might crash things.

But again, I'm a SNES guy.

try making sure every team has a spot in the playoffs allocated to them? Otherwise you may come up on a team with no opponent which might crash things.

But again, I'm a SNES guy.

Ahh, that was it!

I edited my last playoff matchup to include BUF/OTT/TB (teams in the Blitz league that aren't supposed to be playable in the playoffs), and that stopped the freezing.

Edited by smozoma

Ahh, that was it!

I edited my last playoff matchup to include BUF/OTT/TB (teams in the Blitz league that aren't supposed to be playable in the playoffs), and that stopped the freezing.

Glad to be of service =)