NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA Hockey 2009 Playoffs Edition

puckhead8926

This is by far my best project of NHLPA 93. I used Wboy's 30 team rom and made an NHLPA 93 edit of the current NHL season.

Here are the features of this game:

- Current NHL rosters as of 4/15/2009, Get ready to make Sean Avery or your most hated NHL player bleed.

- Current ratings based on 2009 season performance, Malkin and Ovechkin are the best players in the game.

- Each team has 3 goalies, 8 defensemen, and 15 forwards.

- Any player over 150 PIMS has a 100 fighting rating, Plenty of fights.

- The 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs matchups, Take St. Louis or any playoff team to the Stanley Cup.

- Current RBK edge jerseys that the teams wear including a 3rd jersey edition of this edit.

- Updated Ron Barr quotes on the matchup screen on all 30 NHL teams.

- Updated team banners, The names on the banners aren't fully centered since I used the NHL94 banners, I thought for the teams after the original NHLPA 93 game were easier to make.

- I added 3 minute periods for faster games, The Red Wings and Penguins are on the startup screen from last season.

Thanks to Wboy for releasing the 30 team edit and Swos for the NHL94 banners. I hope 93 players enjoy this game because I have been playing this and having fun since 93 and 94 were my favorite games on Genesis growing up.

NHLPA_Hockey_2009_Playoffs_Edition.zip

Edited by puckhead8926

This is by far my best project of NHLPA 93. I used Wboy's 30 team rom and made an NHLPA 93 edit of the current NHL season.

- Current NHL rosters as of 4/15/2009, Get ready to make Sean Avery or your most hated NHL player bleed.

- Current ratings based on 2009 season performance, Malkin and Ovechkin the best players in the game.

- The 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs matchups, Take St. Louis or any playoff team to the Stanley Cup.

- Current jerseys that the teams wear including a 3rd jersey edition of this edit.

- Updated team banners, The names on the banners aren't fully centered since I used the NHL94 banners, I thought for the teams after the original NHLPA 93 game were easier to make.

- I added 3 minute periods for faster games, The Red Wings and Penguins are on the startup screen from last season.

Thanks to Wboy for releasing the 30 team edit and Swos for the NHL94 banners. I hope 93 players enjoy this game because I have been playing this and having fun since 93 and 94 were my favorite games on Genesis growing up.

So I played a game and then noticed that you have filled the PP lines as if they were the teams 4th line?

What is up with that?

So I played a game and then noticed that you have filled the PP lines as if they were the teams 4th line?

What is up with that?

I didn't edit the lines. I don't know why but I usually play with line changes off thats probably why. Edit them using NOSE to customize what you want. Since the original 30 team rom has those players slotted for those lines.

• 2 weeks later...

theres no point in having LINE CHANGES on cause the energy still drains in like 10 seconds??? whats the point of having line changes? is there a way to fix it, youd have to change lines every 3 sec!, its horrible they did this in 93, any suggestions?

thisi s playing 5 min games

Unfortunately thats how 93 was created. I never really would play 93 with line changes on for this specific reason. 94 improved it a little with the players stamina and auto line changes. The only way to fix this problem is to go into NOSE and make the players endurance 100 for everyone. I based the ratings on the 2009 season performance. The top scorers in the NHL this season have the best endurance for example, Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Datsyuk. If you want use NOSE to make everyone endurance 100 then you won't have that problem.

Cool rom , exept that some ratings dont make any sense, like Sheldon Souray... 92? he's arguiably one of the worst defensive dmans on the NHL. And Lubomir Visnovsky 77? Did you take in account injuries? I think he's wayyyy better than Souray

And why is Komisarek such a bad player? When he's not playing injured he's a solid 2nd dman.

Georges Laraque.. 71 Fighting? You ever saw him loose a fight? I don't think so...

And also, you didn't really edit players abilities by theyr actual playstyle, ya just put the same rating everywhere...?!

Edited by The Russian Rocket

The ratings were based on the 2009 season performance. I used slapshots ratings template. Whatever points the players had this year is linked towards their ratings. Souray had a great season points wise and yes injuries were accounted in the game which I should have corrected. I never looked at games played while creating the ratings. Komisarek only had 8 points this season he had a terrible season just like Montreal. Laraque probably only had 100 PIM which is why he is a 71. If he had 150 PIM he would have had a 100 fighting rating. I didnt look at the games played which I will for my next edit. Fighting is based on how many penalty minutes the player had. Since I'm not sure how the players are with each rating, I used each rating to create their overall rating. So a players like Malkin and Ovechkin had an 100 checking and aggression rating even though they really aren't. I didn't consider each rating but only overall ratings.

Edited by puckhead8926

• 1 month later...

- Current ratings based on 2009 season performance, Malkin and Ovechkin are the best players in the game.

- Each team has 3 goalies, 8 defensemen, and 15 forwards.

- Current RBK edge jerseys that the teams wear including a 3rd jersey edition of this edit.

Great job. Really enjoying this, stat-wise it's probably one of the more accurate ones. I don't mean to offended anyone else work by saying that as I could never do better, I just feel like yours is a cut above, probably because it's the most recent. I have a few minor grips about some of the Penguins stats/lines, but this is probably because I'm a Pens fan.

Anyways, great job man.