Hall of Famer Chris Osgood?

IceStorm70

before anyone laughs check out these stats:

Wins: 389 (63 more in post season)

Losses: 204

GAA: 2.47

SO: 47

Cups: 3 ( 2 as a starter)

True it's been with Detroit, but he did have two 30+ win seasons with other teams (STL/NYI). Before its all said and done, he

ll be over 400 career wins and 50+ SO's and 4? 5? Cups?

IMO those stats above make him a hall of famer. But it's stll very difficult to fathom it. I'll bet there will be many arguments against this.

Osgood has been one of those guys that is always overlooked...but he has decent numbers so who knows....Gump Worsley is in the hall of fame and he had a losing record.

I'd say he's HOF material-his stats can't be denied-Although I'd probably win a cup or two starting for some of those Red Wing teams :P

I was never a big fan of his style or performance in the clutch when he first came on the scene, but he's improved drastically throughout his career.

Osgood is Hall-worthy due to the career he has had; however, I acknowledge that he is definitely one of the least spectacular goaltenders to earn a spot in the Hall (assuming he gets in). But that's ok... there's no rule saying you have to be spectacular to get in. All you have to do is be one of the best at what you do, and that's what Osgood did for most of his career.

He wasn't the human highlight reel that Dominik Hasek was, but Osgood kept it simple and was good at it. There are PLENTY of goalies I'd take over Osgood in the history of the game. But the fact remains that he did his job. For those of you who are baseball fans, Osgood basically did what Hank Aaron did. He just went out, did his job, and didn't do anything that was earth-shattering. He was just consistently good for most -- if not all -- of his career.

To me, Tretiak will always be the greatest goalie in the history of the sport (Hall, Fuhr, Brodeur, Hasek and Roy also come to mind), and Dominik Hasek from 1994-1999 will always be the best stretch of goaltending I've ever seen; however, I give credit to Osgood for being a good goalie for so long. Not many goalies are good for so long. Some are brilliant and then quickly fade away (Jim Carey and Blaine Lacher, anyone?). Osgood might not have been "brilliant" per se, but he was darn good.

Funny thing about being a goalie is that you can have way more talent than another guy, but the other guy will get in the Hall if he was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time on the right team. Mike Liut, Guy Hebert, Ron Tugnutt, and Bill Ranford are quite possibly some of the most underrated goalies in the history of the game.

Make no mistake about it: Osgood was a heck of a goalie in his career. You can't take that away from him. But the best way I can describe his talent level is as follows: if he weren't so lucky to be in the right places at the right times with the right teams, he'd have a career path that is very similar to that of Tim Thomas.

Edited by TruePensFan1981

I think so he was never given a fair chance with Detroit originally. I was very happy once my Isles had him for a season and a half where he played really well for us in 2002. He did carry them to a sweep of the Caps in 1998. Last year also. I say he's in the hall but not immediately after the 3 year waiting period. He will have to wait 5-10 years before he gets the call.

I won't say if he deserves to be inducted into the HHOF as it's rather subjective, but if the Wings win another cup this year it's probably a lock.

Plus with a name anagram like: Osgood = So Good. Why not?

Some other interesting name anagrams:

Marek Zidlicky = I kicked Mr. Lazy

Roberto Luongo = Robot goon lure

Maxim Afinogenov = Give moon man a fix

Rod Brind'Amour = Odd brain rumor

Scott Stevens = Vest contests

Simon Gagne = Ginseng Mao

Patrick Kane = Pirate knack

Kristian Huselius = I like Saturn sushi

Peter Taglianetti = Elegant pirate tit.

Petr Nedved = Deep TV nerd

Jamie Langenbrunner = Men ran bare in jungle

Eric Staal = I steal car

Marco Sturm = Ram scrotum

Alexander Svitov = Love van is X-rated

Thomas Vanek = OK, he’s a TV man

And here's a anagram generator that will respond in the form of a anagram no matter what you type if anyone want's to test some names (I think there's a filter on vulgar words though).

I won't say if he deserves to be inducted into the HHOF as it's rather subjective, but if the Wings win another cup this year it's probably a lock.

Plus with a name anagram like: Osgood = So Good. Why not?

Some other interesting name anagrams:

Marek Zidlicky = I kicked Mr. Lazy

Roberto Luongo = Robot goon lure

Maxim Afinogenov = Give moon man a fix

Rod Brind'Amour = Odd brain rumor

Scott Stevens = Vest contests

Simon Gagne = Ginseng Mao

Patrick Kane = Pirate knack

Kristian Huselius = I like Saturn sushi

Peter Taglianetti = Elegant pirate tit.

Petr Nedved = Deep TV nerd

Jamie Langenbrunner = Men ran bare in jungle

Eric Staal = I steal car

Marco Sturm = Ram scrotum

Alexander Svitov = Love van is X-rated

Thomas Vanek = OK, he’s a TV man

And here's a anagram generator that will respond in the form of a anagram no matter what you type if anyone want's to test some names (I think there's a filter on vulgar words though).

hahahahah the best one is scott stevens = vest contests. hahahaha

I steal car and Ram scrotum made me ROLF! :P:D:D

• 2 years later...