NHL'94 Forums

Sigh Gary Bettman

shaftman

I was just watching a small interview with Bettman before the Wings Pens game.

And he just burns me up.

The way he speaks, his tone, his attitude. I just don't like it.

Sure his intentions for the NHL are good (not all but some)

But his methods and most of his ideas are just crap.

Some times it seems like hes all about the money.

And He's an idiot because he can be making more money for the league and refuses to give in to the fact that Canada has the market.

[ Fun Fact: The 6 Canadian teams (out of 30) make up for over 30% of the NHL's revenue]

So how do you you guys feel about him?

I know I want a new commissioner. When do we get one?

Another thing. I really, REALLY, don't like his generalization on Canadians.

Quote:

"I was walking down the street, and I met people from Main, Virgina, and Canada"

I guess theres no difference between some one from Alberta or P.E.I, because we are all just Canadians.

I also don't like our country as a whole being compared to a state.

I know a lot of Americans that take great pride in the state they are from...

Anyways maybe Its just me.

Felt I had to share. Some feed back would be cool.

I'm not looking to start a war thread either.

If your going to hate on me, Do it politely. :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Edited by shaftman

Guest Wags13

If there is a market in Ontario for another team, then I say move the Coyotes there- there is NO hockey market in Phoenix Arizona. I understand that you want to spread the sport to increase its popularity, but the NFL doesn't have a team in Los Angeles and they aren't hurting.

I guess theres no difference between some one from Alberta or P.E.I, because we are all just Canadians.

Islanders eat potatos and Albertans drink gasoline..but other than that...they're all the same.

Vive l'Alberta libre?

lololol

I only remember Quebec trying to do that?

There are stirrings about Alberta wanting to leave... because they are rich and Ottawa is taking their money :dal_skater_hand_grab: (as far as I understand it, which isn't all that far)

There are stirrings about Alberta wanting to leave... because they are rich and Ottawa is taking their money :dal_skater_hand_grab: (as far as I understand it, which isn't all that far)

I think that's a pretty small percentage. I've been living here for two years and I have never heard anyone suggest Alberta should leave.

Actually, Only Quebec has like a 50% of people wanting to leave anyways.

For Gary Bettman, yes sometimes it sounds like it doesn't make sense. But lately on RDS (the french TSN), in an interview he explained in more details the ''Why'' of his opinion, and it sounded he had pretty good reasons. Anyways, i just think the fact that on sportsnews, there are sometimes biased and don't show the complete interview or translate in a different way (sometimes what the players says, has little to do with the translation), maybe if they showed the complete point of view, theyr would be a better understanding of Gary's view.