NHL'94 Forums

NHL Stanley Cup Desktop Book for PC - demo (in Excel 2007 format)

PeteC

Hi all,

I have created a desktop Stanley Cup History book for PC users. The book is in excel 2007 format (a link to a free viewer is available in the file) and will not work correctly in any other version of excel.

This demo only displays 4 years of the NHL, 1930, 1950, 1983 and 2008, the full version will contain the years 1927 to present, and much more. There is a help guide on using the dbook on page 1 of the book. You can easily navigate around the dbook by clicking on the text boxes on screen, and via the work sheet tabs at the bottom of the screen

I am very interested in getting some feedback of what people think of this.

I am currently trying to get licensing from the nhl for the full version to use the logos etc.

The full file will hopefully be for sale via my website (under construction) in the near future, for between $3 - $6

I know this information is available for free in many web pages but this is a new way to present the info in a more visually pleasing way, and without having to rely on internet connection, access etc!

Please Note - this file has been scanned for viruses and is clean, and contains no macros.

Regards

Pete

NHL_Stanley_Cup_dbook_DEMO.rar

Interesting project. Checked out the file, and seems cool though I find website navigation to be more intuitive then scrolling all around the excel document. Maybe you could have both excel and website versions of your project.

Thanks for sharing.

-Evan