NHL'94 Forums

Gens Emulator error

Guest Wags13

Guest Wags13

Hi all, when I fire up my gens-netplay emulator, the "noise" is a different color altogether, and when I open a rom, it doubles (screenshots below) on the emulator.

Any thoughts as to how I can fix this? Its happened before but a quick reboot usually fixes it. I've also deleted the gens files and re-installed as well.

Attached is a screenshot of the error.

error.doc

post-1006-1249401390_thumb.png

post-1006-1249401397_thumb.png

Edited by Wags13

Hi all, when I fire up my gens-netplay emulator, the "noise" is a different color altogether, and when I open a rom, it doubles (screenshots below) on the emulator.

Any thoughts as to how I can fix this? Its happened before but a quick reboot usually fixes it. I've also deleted the gens files and re-installed as well.

Attached is a screenshot of the error.

not a solution (sorry, this one's got me stumped), but just a tip for screenshots.. you can paste a screenshot into MSPaint and save as a PNG or JPG file to make it waaay more convenient to view.

MSPaint: Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint

have you tried changing the graphics options inside gens? try setting it to Double or one of the weird ones (can't remember the names... Sai or Eagle or something). Maybe one of these will fix it, but I don't know for sure : (

Guest Wags13
have you tried changing the graphics options inside gens? try setting it to Double or one of the weird ones (can't remember the names... Sai or Eagle or something). Maybe one of these will fix it, but I don't know for sure : (

Attached screen shots in png format for easier viewing

post-1006-1249401327_thumb.png

post-1006-1249401335_thumb.png

Your desktop looks like it's in 256 colors.

Try changing the color quality to 32 bit(or whatever is highest).

Assuming you know how to get there.

This might solve the color problem in Gens.

...and now its back! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR have no idea whats going on

Did IQ25's suggestion work? It does look like you're in 256-colour mode (in your screenshot, staal's face is all messed up due to there not being fine gradation in colours).

Start->Control Panel->Display

Settings tab

change the "Color quality" to "highest" or "millions of colours" or "32-bit" (same thing, different names depending on the video card).

Guest Wags13

It was already set at the highest 32 bit setting anyway.. not sure how a color setting would address a doubled screen on the emulator.. but nonetheless not the issue...

Guest Wags13

FYI-I tried these to and it didn't work either.. this really stinks

Hey Wags,

I would first try to get the computer's display looking right before even running Gens. Maybe toggle the display down to 16-bit, hit apply and then set it back to 32-bit and see if the quality of the desktop image improves? If it's stuck then I wonder if something's wrong with the videocard. Can you play Call of Duty or browse the web with normal video quality?

Anything else weird happening with the computer recently?

-Evan

Guest Wags13

I think I did nail it down last night with the help of Smoz (thanks!). I did change it to 16 bit and restarted the PC, once booted up it stayed at 16 bit and Gens fired up correctly multiple times correctly. I also changed the settings on my pc so that if I want to change from 16 to 32 bit, it won't require a restart of the machine.

Thanks to IQ25, Smoz, and everyone else I chatted with for the emotional support.

Now its time to catch up on my blitz and 09 games :D