NHL'94 Forums

I'm Desperate

So I have been a member on these boards for a few years, and i'm pretty good at hacking, but i cant for the life of me understand center ice & start up logos, and banners too. I have a few roms that need banners and start up logos, and a few that need just center ice logos....i'm also gonna be making a ECHL rom and IHL(its a mix of old Ihl and the new ihl sprinkled in with the ushl) and a OHL/QJMHL one too, and i can do EVERYTHING but logos and banners, and I'm looking for a partner to help, and maybe they can finally help me understand this side of rom editing too, so if anybody can help me please let me know thanks...................

Asl Jesus, TruePensFan or someone else for it. They can tell you what's up.

• 2 months later...

well i have a few roms i fixed up and need logos on the center ice on some, and both start-up and center ice on others. But everything else is done, rosters,teams,lines,even playoff draws(every team in the conference play u at least one time), and teams in the right conference too....so if ANYBODY and i mean ANYBODY want to help makes these games right, so all of us can enjoy them for years and years to come, PM me or just reply to this thanks.

Edited by Ben Burke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bump, anybody else, can help, i have NCAA roms, a OHL-QJMHL rom a updated AHL rom a ECHL rom and a IHL(new and old) rom..and i know i have tried to do all the grapics stuff, but i just dont get it, is they ANYBODY, that can do this, or maybe TRY to walk me thorugh this, so i might be able to help myself.cause once i get thses finnidshed and realsed, this will make the whole communtiy happy i think cause just about everywhere u live, i got your team in it lol

this might help out a little.. from wboy's set of Tile Molester images

post-253-1263933048_thumb.png

One thing to remember when using Tile Molester is that it SUCKS at handling input numbers that aren't exactly what it expects: if won't work properly if you have a space character before or after a number you enter, so if you copy/paste a number from here, make sure you delete any spaces that get copied with it.

1. Get the Blitz Season 04 ROM from http://www.blitz94.com/downloads.asp. If you are using the original ROM, i don't know if you can edit the logos.
  2. Get Tile Molester (must be on this site somewhere), instead of Tile Layer Pro
  3. Open Blitz Season 04 ROM in Tile Molester
  4. View->Codec->4bpp linear
  5. Ctrl+G (GoTo) and enter 1D6F02, Hex, Absolute. OK. You shoudl see what looks like the top part of teh ANH logo, but int he wrong colours.
  6. Shift+Left 10 times to get it lined up right (but still the same colour).
  7. Open up NOSE, and find the "Strip Offset Hex" value for ANH, as in the inset picture of the player's head.

[*]Back in TM, in the menu, Palette, Import From, This File. Use the decimal offset from the website. Make sure the other options are 9bpp BGR Genesis, 16, Motorola. OK.

At this point, you should be seeing the anaheim logo in the proper colour.

What did you use as the base for your ROMs? The logos should match, as far as i know..

To view subsequent logos, you need to skip ahead 30A (using the "Relative" mode in the GoTo window.. it won't work if you have a space in there.

post-253-1263954794_thumb.png

Edited by smozoma

i was doing ok till i go halfway into #4, no ANH logo what so ever everything had a blackish backround,

what happens if you do the next steps? the next steps set up the palette, ie, the correct colours.

also, you won't really see the logo.. you'll see the logo chopped up and spread out horizontally. try the next steps to see if it fixes it.

Edited by smozoma

it just changed the black backround to green

i updated my message above to be more detailed. use a Blitz ROM to test with. if it works in the Blitz ROM but not in yours, then something's funny with your ROM (the logos aren't where they are expected)

edit one logo at a time, tiles for ice logos are 6x4, when your finished with ANH, scroll down a bit for the second one, use the byte back/byte forward to align the logo. and so on.

to import your own artwork (48x32pixels), use the edit "paste from..." function.

use images as .bmp