NHL'94 Forums

How come nobody is making any hacks for this game?

purplehaze

I thought there was an editable version of this game out for quite some time now. Whats the point of making the crease and center ice logo editable if noone is going to hack anything?

Is anyone working on any hacks for this game? I see some lame hacks that say "NHL 1985" but still have the mid 90's crease. Cmon, that's laziness. If you're gonna make a hack, do it right.

Hi bro :D

I have been trying for a very long time to edit the crease in NHL '93 but have failed to create a 2009 crease (see the image below). The format of the tiles is not the same as NHL '94 and not straight forward :unsure:

I would welcome any help and assistance. I believe WBOY is our key to solving the problem but his time is limited B)

editedcreasefg0.th.jpg

Cheers,

RayGun

Hi bro :D

I have been trying for a very long time to edit the crease in NHL '93 but have failed to create a 2009 crease (see the image below). The format of the tiles is not the same as NHL '94 and not straight forward :unsure:

I would welcome any help and assistance. I believe WBOY is our key to solving the problem but his time is limited B)

editedcreasefg0.th.jpg

Cheers,

RayGun

Nice job trying to get the right crease! I made several similar attempts but as you said, the layout is different and there are no tutorials on how to edit anything by anyone. Would be nice if someone could make some nice hacks for this game.

Love WBOY and all, but I never understood why he just doesn't make a basic layout hack for the different era's. For example, a 90's crease, and 80's crease and a pre-80's crease rom. Then people could just use NOSE to do the rest, i.e. edit players etc. It'd be a lot easier then trying to explain in a 10-page essay how to change the crease. Don't you think? With his knowledge he should be able to do each crease fairly quickly, and then provide a download link. How bout it WBOY? B)

Sorry but I just can't play a "hack" of NHLPA 93 that's supposed to be, lets say, 1985, with a mid-90's crease. Doesn't work for me and I can't get into it.

Love WBOY and all, but I never understood why he just doesn't make a basic layout hack for the different era's. For example, a 90's crease, and 80's crease and a pre-80's crease rom. Then people could just use NOSE to do the rest, i.e. edit players etc. It'd be a lot easier then trying to explain in a 10-page essay how to change the crease. Don't you think? With his knowledge he should be able to do each crease fairly quickly, and then provide a download link. How bout it WBOY? :P

Sorry but I just can't play a "hack" of NHLPA 93 that's supposed to be, lets say, 1985, with a mid-90's crease. Doesn't work for me and I can't get into it.

Take it you are talking about my roms (they are 90 and 91 by the way not 85). If you don't like them I don't force you to play them. At least I have created some - what have you done?? Why don't you spend more time on this crease hack or try using that brain cell instead of relying on wboy? No wonder he gets pissed off with lazy ungrateful people like yourself.

Take it you are talking about my roms (they are 90 and 91 by the way not 85). If you don't like them I don't force you to play them. At least I have created some - what have you done?? Why don't you spend more time on this crease hack or try using that brain cell instead of relying on wboy? No wonder he gets pissed off with lazy ungrateful people like yourself.

What he said. I'm having trouble editing the game too, but I'm trying by myself now instead of begging people to spend hundreds of hours developing a new program that will make it easy for someone like you.

What he said. I'm having trouble editing the game too, but I'm trying by myself now instead of begging people to spend hundreds of hours developing a new program that will make it easy for someone like you.

There is lot of info on this site for hacking these games. Just sheer laziness to expect someone to do all the work for you without making any attempt yourself. I think some people on this forum think that those who do contribute don’t have any personal life.

Anyone who has created a full rom and done it properly will know it takes a lot of time – personally I don’t like spending all this time for other peoples benefit then to called lazy just because I haven’t done something they want, especially when they haven’t contributed anything themselves.

After releasing my edit of NHL 93 the 2009 playoff edition which took a tremendous amount of time and effort, many guys thought the player ratings were bad. I updated the whole game and thought since the game took endless hours to edit that this was a pretty good game. All 30 teams, 2009 playoff matchups, and ratings based on the 2009 season performance. Because so guys complained that I'm not going to do a 2010 update which I would have released in the end of October. I put my heart and soul into it. I thought the game was exceptional. Anyone I can use NOSE it's the most simple program. Because I'm so busy with college work I'm not going to waste time with 93, instead play NHL 10 which is the best hockey game right now.

Oh geez I knew the whiners would start moaning about my thread. My apologies if it makes you feel better. I simply do not know how to edit the crease or I'd have done it myself already. I can edit banners only at this point.

Here's my beef: People who do know how to edit the crease don't wanna bother doing it. Isn't this suppose to be a community? I dont know how to do it. They are smarter than I am. Thats what they want to hear, you have to beg them to help out. And whenever someone asks for some help the answer is always "hey why dont you get off your butt and do it yourself Mr. Dummy-Lazy-Man". Thats really great, but unfortunately its why this "community" hasnt gone very far the past couple of years in terms of advancement in rom hacking.

Someone helps me out with the crease, I do the banners and rosters...BAM!! You instantly have 3 or 4 quality hacks right there. But noooooooooo....I have to do it all myself and then nothing gets done and we all sit here calling each other names. It gets old after a while. Lets start helping each other out more!

There is lot of info on this site for hacking these games. Just sheer laziness to expect someone to do all the work for you without making any attempt yourself. I think some people on this forum think that those who do contribute don’t have any personal life.

Anyone who has created a full rom and done it properly will know it takes a lot of time – personally I don’t like spending all this time for other peoples benefit then to called lazy just because I haven’t done something they want, especially when they haven’t contributed anything themselves.

I'm not asking for a full rom, read my post again. A simple crease rom from the early 90's and 80's, I can do the rosters and banners. Too much to ask?

I just dont see why you bothered making a 90/91 rom with a late 90's crease. But whatever I never mentioned you mabye you feel guilty.

I just dont see why you bothered making a 90/91 rom with a late 90's crease. But whatever I never mentioned you mabye you feel guilty.

I didn't make a 90/91 rom with a late 90's crease. The crease is from the original game - NHL 93. Early 90's I think you'll find. It's pretty obvious you meant me as you posted some of your stupid comments on my threads. I don't feel guilty about the crease hack as I couldn't care less about having the correct crease. I have a problem being called lazy and that my roms are lame by the likes of you who haven't done anything or seem incapable of doing anything by yourself.

I just dont see why you bothered making a 90/91 rom with a late 90's crease.

Most people are more interested in changing the teams and players than the visuals (especially when the visuals take 10 times longer to edit)

Purplehaze,

You've managed to annoy/piss off several members of a very small 93 community while asking for help. I'd be surpised if anyone will want to help you with anything after reading this thread.

Purplehaze,

You've managed to annoy/piss off several members of a very small 93 community while asking for help. I'd be surpised if anyone will want to help you with anything after reading this thread.

Truth hurts. In case you havent noticed there hasnt been any progression on these "hacks" in years. Mabye me rattling the cages is what it will take to get things going.

Edited by purplehaze

Most people are more interested in changing the teams and players than the visuals (especially when the visuals take 10 times longer to edit)

I fail to see the point then. How do you get into a rom thats supposed to take place in 1991 and has the wrong crease? Kills the realism. Cant someone make 1 lousy rom with the right creases and then we can all make oodles of hacks? How are visuals not important? Wasnt everyone peeing their pants with excitement when the crease was finally edited for NHL 94 to the modern crease? Guess noone cares enough about 93 to do the same.

And if visuals arent important whats the point of WBOYS crease edit version of 93 (which noone has utilized at all yet)?

Truth hurts. In case you havent noticed there hasnt been any progression on these "hacks" in years. Mabye me rattling the cages is what it will take to get things going.

Truth hurts!! Truth is you are really pathetic. By the way I have created 4 roms within the last year. What have you done again?

Insulting people just because you think their roms aren’t 100% perfect isn’t going to encourage anyone.

If you don’t like my rom with the wrong crease why don’t you change it – instead of carrying on like a little baby.

It's a community, so if something lacking, you can be the one to fix it. if you've got the free time to rag on the community for not having pre-made crease hacks, then you have the time to make them. we're all doing this for fun in our spare time (what little we have), and it's not all easy. editing the crease, as far as I know, is the hardest graphics hack, because the tiles are layed out weird, so when you edit one place, it changes things in other places. With other graphics, you basically just copy/paste your new graphic over the old one, so it's relatively easy (except getting the colours to look how you want)

anyway, to get things started, someone should come up with a way to package up a crease hack.

Maybe use those IPS patch things?

Another idea is to create pictures of the edited area in tilemolester along with a list of what offset and tilemolester width/height to use for each picture when pasting it.

also, why the hell can't someone make it so craig mctavish doesn't have a helmet. i can't play with edmonton when he has one.

Yeah and why can't somebody make a current rom where Jerome Iginla and Georges Laraque are both accurately darker than everyone else? It's SO STUPID playing with all white guys!

Lame response, those are minor issues like MacTavish and his no-helmet. Can't even begin to compare that to playing a game with the wrong crease.

MacTavish had no helmet in NHL 92 either and Iginla was still white in that game too, and that was an official release. I don't expect every detail to be perfect, just the important ones. The crease MUST be correct.

MacTavish had no helmet in NHL 92 either and Iginla was still white in that game too, and that was an official release. I don't expect every detail to be perfect, just the important ones. The crease MUST be correct.

So... what you want is considered important and what other people want is not important.

Cool.

Lame response, those are minor issues like MacTavish and his no-helmet. Can't even begin to compare that to playing a game with the wrong crease.

i love sarcasm . . .

And personally, I don't give a damn good beer about the crease

Lets not make this thread go places that aren't necessary. A member of the community should appreciate any work done by others, especially when they don't contribute anything themselves. It should be that simple. If you don't care for someone's work, keep that to yourself. A hacked ROM won't appeal to everyone. We can all make recommendations/give positive feedback to others, but the approach taken in this thread isn't going to make someone think "Oh yea, you're right let me get on that.".

Just giving some constructive feedback here.

-Evan

• 3 months later...

HEEEEEEEEY

YAAAAAAAH

sorry about that

anyway, just getting back into imputting teams into the NHL93 hack, for my INTERNATIONAL rom (based on SENSIBLE SOCCER stats, not the brand new ones, the ones before that, so don't come to me complaining about the names OK!!!! :rolleyes: ) as i'm wanting to have a brand new WHL season with more than SIXTY TEAMS (over three roms)

• 2 weeks later...

wee update .....

i've changed from NHL94 as the stats were kinda rubbish (0-6!!!), so my NHLPA93 INTERNATIONAL rom is coming along nicely, as i've done a lot during the last two weeks, like .....

all teams data done (REMINDER: the teams are all from SENSIBLE SOCCER and not actual hockey teams)

*all teams have ONE goalie, SIX defenders, NINE forwards*

all new team colours (just needs tweaking)

some NEW BANNERS!!

wanted something a bit different with the banners, and if you notice the three black "blobs" at the side, they're actually STARS (indicating the teams' particular grouping in my WHL season structure (hopefully i'll have a total of NINETY TEAMS over THREE roms!!!!!! PLUS another FOUR or even FIVE roms with teams from their own continental regions (europe, americas, asia, africa) my biggest wish would be a rom with UNLIMITED team places!!!!!!!!!)

ch-ch-check it out

wh-wh-whats it all about

etc

post-1215-1264729675_thumb.jpg

post-1215-1264729703_thumb.jpg

post-1215-1264729725_thumb.jpg

post-1215-1264729746_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...