NHL'94 Forums

Updating NHLPA'93 - I have updated the crease but cannot insert a trapezoid in lower half of rink

RayGun

Hi bro's,

I had a `eureka' moment while editing NHLPA'93 over the past few days and I have successfully updated the crease ;)

However, I have found a problem while trying to create a trapezoid in the bottom half of the rink :unsure: Whenever, I make changes to tiles in that area of the rink, they overlay the players so I am changing tiles for the glass and not the ice. I have successully inserted a trapezoid in the top half of the rink :) Does anyone know what tiles and offsets make changes to the ice beneath the glass. I know that trapezoid's have been inserted in NHL'94 so hopefully someone here can help me and I will release an update very soon. I am so close but frustratingly stuck! :P

I will post some pics once this problem has been solved :)

Thanks,

RayGun :)

Hi bro's,

I had a `eureka' moment while editing NHLPA'93 over the past few days and I have successfully updated the crease ;)

However, I have found a problem while trying to create a trapezoid in the bottom half of the rink :) Whenever, I make changes to tiles in that area of the rink, they overlay the players so I am changing tiles for the glass and not the ice. I have successully inserted a trapezoid in the top half of the rink :) Does anyone know what tiles and offsets make changes to the ice beneath the glass. I know that trapezoid's have been inserted in NHL'94 so hopefully someone here can help me and I will release an update very soon. I am so close but frustratingly stuck! :o

Thanks,

Awesome! If it's at all possible, could you also create an early 90's crease rom? You know, the crease from NHL 92, the game that came out before NHLPA 93? I know how to do the banners so I can do the rest and create a kick arse rom. Can you help a brotha' out???

Hi bro's,

However, I have found a problem while trying to create a trapezoid in the bottom half of the rink :unsure: Whenever, I make changes to tiles in that area of the rink, they overlay the players so I am changing tiles for the glass and not the ice. I have successully inserted a trapezoid in the top half of the rink :) Does anyone know what tiles and offsets make changes to the ice beneath the glass. I know that trapezoid's have been inserted in NHL'94 so hopefully someone here can help me and I will release an update very soon. I am so close but frustratingly stuck! :rolleyes:

Thanks,

RayGun, tell me the 4 digit code numbers in hex editor for one of the boxes of the trapazoid. I think I might be able to help. Or to make it easier, make a downloadable version of your incomplete rom and let me play with it in Hex editor because I think I know what has to be done to create a lower half trapazoid.

Raygun,

If you examine the trapeziod patch I did for NHL'94 you'll see the horizontal glass partitions were excised - as it only makes them look like window panes.. The free tiles were used to make the zoid.

You only need to create 1/2 of it as the tiles are mirrored and reversed for the opposite end of the rink. Likewise for the rest of the rink tiles; many of which are extraneous.

Find the physical offset for the tile you need to alter in hexworkshop. Then find the hex value for one of the zoid tiles you created in tilemolester.

Take the hex value for that tile and add 1 to the value to flip it vertically IE: 019A to 119A. Place 119A in the physical offset for the tile at the opposite end of the rink.

To mirror a tile, or flip it horizontally add 800 to the hex value IE: 019A + 800 = 099A. To flip and mirror would be a value of 199A.

Obviously things can get convoluted quickly, you can send me a email or PM if you get stuck.