NHL'94 Forums

Most clutch player?

Since Jrod made the other one, might as well post this. Who's your most clutch player? The one guy that comes through when you need him most? Goalies also count if you want to mention them.

Gary Roberts and Tomas Sandstrom are snipers. They're pretty similar, each have a killer slapshot that goes through the net and they can move pretty well. Giving them the one-timer is always a good idea.

Steve Yzerman is GOD in Detroit and for a good reason. One of the greatest all-around centers in the game and rarely, if ever, lets you down. Sergei Federov is good in my book too.

Finally, Wayne Gretzky. Don't let his low shot stats decieve you, he can come up with a well-timed pass, a great deke shot or a surprising one-timer. He can also get to hot spots quickly to help out in controlling the zone.

goin to my blitz team here with this one

Pavel Bure

Everytime I needed a goal in a game that I should win he was always there to split the defence deke and score

:D

Don't mind him, he always choose the most unlikely guys around.

Shaftman, who are your clutch guys? Although I think you'll say Super Mario.

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta go with Brian Leetch. While not the greatest checker, he seems to always be in the right spot at the right time. Not sure if he's a shutdown defender or those exist in nhl94, as I believe the video game favors the offense. How many times do you think you have a breakway when Leetch is there to ruin that hope?

I gotta go with Brian Leetch. While not the greatest checker, he seems to always be in the right spot at the right time. Not sure if he's a shutdown defender or those exist in nhl94, as I believe the video game favors the offense. How many times do you think you have a breakway when Leetch is there to ruin that hope?

Well, he is one of the best offensive d-men in the game and the 1993=94 season was one of his best. He even won the Conn-Smythe Trophy in the playoffs.

Clutch guy for me is Gary Roberts; great shot, good speed and he works even better as a center because his one-timers are deadlier from that position when you feed a pass to him. He was probably one of the few bright spots for Nashville in GDL for me. He gets into a great position to deliver those killer shots.