NHL'94 Forums

NHL 96, XP HOW TO, How to play NHL96 on xp

jaff

Yo, people have been asking how to run NHL96 on XP as well, the steps are exactly the same as with NHL95, but with a one line difference, the cd needs to be mounted with the line:

mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

At least this was the only difference I needed to make it work.

I have also managed to install NHL95 for Windows7, so I would believe there would be no difference to make it work for NHL96 on Windows 7 as well.

Here we go:

FIRST RUN:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN XP:

-download and install dosbox

-make an iso of your original nhl96 cd

-mount nhl96 image in XP with Aclohol 120% or daemon tools

-create a games folder to one of your hard drives. This folder will be mounted as a drive in a dosbox, and nhl96 will be installed into this folder

-start dosbox

IN DOS BOX

- mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl /*where f is the letter of the virtual drive in XP with mounted nhl96 image */

- mount c d:\games /* where d:\games is the folder created for nhl96 */

- d: /* navigate to dosbox mounted cd-rom */

- install /* install the nhl96 */

- choose the c as target drive /* or what ever is the mounted drive in dosbox */

- choose c:\hockey /* or what ever is your choice */

- after install increase the CPU cycles (if the game doesn't flow correct) /* choose rate that is best for you computer */

- c:

- cd to install path

- hockey

- enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT TIME:

IN XP:

-mount nhl96 image in XP with Aclohol 120% or daemon tools

-start dosbox

IN DOS BOX:

- mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -aps

- mount c d:\games

- c:

- cd to install path

- hockey

- enjoy!

NOTES:

- To increase cycles ctrl + F12, to decrease ctrl + F11

- to lock or unlock mouse to dosbox ctrl + F10

- to switch between full screen or window alt + Enter

Edited by jaff

• 3 years later...

I can get this to run on Windows 7 64 bit. I also get NHL95 to run fine. But in NHL96, my joystick doesn't seem to work properly. It configures fine in NHL95. I suspect I am one of like five guys in the world interested in play this game. But if anyone has a fix, I would appreciate it. :)

What kind of joystick are you trying to use? What does happen in NHL96PC joystick configuration when you try to calibrate it? Did you try to do this with Dosbox?