NHL'94 Forums

My USB gamepad isn't working!

RedWingDevil

Yesteyday I have problems with my USB gamepad while playing with nats and in the 4th game it got very inconsistent and from there it stopped working. I didn't test the gamepad till this morning and I can't even get the analog switch to turn on. The mouse is okay, but my gamepad isn't! I don't know what else to do, since it doesn't show up on the Game Controllers menu anymore.

Windows Vista. I checked the USB port and everything, rebooted the laptop and even my brother opened up the controller to check if there was anything wrong. Everything was intact, but still his laptop didn't read the USB connection. It just went up and died on me, and it still baffles me.

Fortunately, I have a USB adapter connected with my old PS2 dual shock controller we use to play in the PS3, tested it on my laptop... and it worked!

You go into the control panel Go to controllers and test the configuration.

I checked that bit too, but since the laptop didn't recognize the pad, the option was unavailable when going to see the config. It's a Logitech gamepad, PS2 style (At least with the analog and button layout), so maybe something was up.

Thank god for USB adaptors, though. If you have a PS2 controller and wanted to use it on your PC, get yourself an adaptor, connect your controller and plug it in. Instant fun galore! It's pretty cheap and you can find one at Amazon.com easily.