NHL'94 Forums

Snes Online player (Hamachi)

RaddeKladde

Welcome RaddeKladde aim-(RaddeKladde1)

Yeah let's play sometime.

I'll add you to my aim.

My aim is JeffBCNHL94.

7:00pm-10:00pm (Pacific time) Monday-Friday is good for me.

The days the Canucks are not playing.

Is that good for you?

When is best for you?

SNES NHL'94 aim players you should add.

1. Halifax aim-(nhl94halifax)

2. Schwartz aim-(Schwartz124)

3. Dangler aim-(xgrad06)

4. Shaftman aim-(gihtarman)

5. Tony Twist aim-(drinnagh)

6. Fenty aim-(fenty62)

7. Mark aim-(nhltrippin)

8. Bob kudelski aim-(Bobkudelski26)

9. Xstioph

10. Metzgerism

11. Tickenest

12. Dethrox

13. Beat2thabox

Edited by JeffBC

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe I can play nhl 94 against ppl again. My brother and I had a lot of fun when this came out. When he visits on holidays I keep telling him to bring his snes so we can play, but not yet. It's been a good dozen years since I've played this. The keyboard is hard on the fingers, what's the cheapest/best controller to get?

I'll add you all to AIM once the damn thing let's me register a name, it's not cooperating. Comms along with this game could be a lot of fun.

I can't believe I can play nhl 94 against ppl again. My brother and I had a lot of fun when this came out. When he visits on holidays I keep telling him to bring his snes so we can play, but not yet. It's been a good dozen years since I've played this. The keyboard is hard on the fingers, what's the cheapest/best controller to get?

I'll add you all to AIM once the damn thing let's me register a name, it's not cooperating. Comms along with this game could be a lot of fun.

welcome to the site!

I have a controller for the snes and bought the Super Smart Joy adapter. It's been a great purchase!

Photo(012).jpg

welcome to the site!

I have a controller for the snes and bought the Super Smart Joy adapter. It's been a great purchase!

Photo(012).jpg

Okay, that sounds like the way to go. I don't have a snes, but how much did the adapter cost?

I forgot to ask about the controls. I thought nhl 94 had a deke move or something on the right or left button. Also, you could lay down to block shots.

As goalie, you could poke check if I remember correctly. Is there a part of the forum that covers controls? I'm also curious about passing along the boards and to other players, it seems there's no diagonal. I mean has anyone discussed how passing works? I lose the puck a lot because I pass in the direction I'm not intending to. I'm not sure if this is just how the game works, or if I'm not hitting the proper directional arrow.

Thanks.

I can't wait to play someone over hamachi.

Okay, that sounds like the way to go. I don't have a snes, but how much did the adapter cost?

I forgot to ask about the controls. I thought nhl 94 had a deke move or something on the right or left button. Also, you could lay down to block shots.

As goalie, you could poke check if I remember correctly. Is there a part of the forum that covers controls? I'm also curious about passing along the boards and to other players, it seems there's no diagonal. I mean has anyone discussed how passing works? I lose the puck a lot because I pass in the direction I'm not intending to. I'm not sure if this is just how the game works, or if I'm not hitting the proper directional arrow.

Thanks.

I can't wait to play someone over hamachi.

I got the adapter for about 20 bucks online on ebay.

you cannot block shots in this version. There is no button for a deke move, its just moving the controller from side to side. You can pass in the direction you want to pass regardless of what direction the player is in.

There probably is a thread somewhere that has controls but ill post them here.

when you have the puck.

A-shoot

B-pass

Y-flip

B then A - one timer

when you dont have the puck

A-speed burst-checking

B-select player

Y-hold/hook

L trigger or R trigger can activate left or right defenseman(defense control must be enabled)

goalie

X-activates goalie

A- pad save

Y- dives-flips pick

I dont think you can use the goalie to pokecheck.

SELECT - change lines on the fly (must have line changes set to on in the menu)

START- pauses game

I got the adapter for about 20 bucks online on ebay.

L trigger or R trigger can activate left or right defenseman(defense control must be enabled)

SELECT - change lines on the fly (must have line changes set to on in the menu)

START- pauses game

Ahh select, I knew there had to be one somewhere.

Activating defensemen, that definitely sounds like something I can make good use of. Using the player switch key takes a while to get to them. Where do I activate the control? I have line changes and penalties as options before playing, but haven't come across defense controls.

Also, I was curious if the Genesis version is much different. I wonder if one is considered to be superior over the other.

Is there a way to save tournament progress? It doesn't seem that you can play through a regular season schedule like on the console, am I right?

Thanks.

Ahh select, I knew there had to be one somewhere.

Activating defensemen, that definitely sounds like something I can make good use of. Using the player switch key takes a while to get to them. Where do I activate the control? I have line changes and penalties as options before playing, but haven't come across defense controls.

Also, I was curious if the Genesis version is much different. I wonder if one is considered to be superior over the other.

Is there a way to save tournament progress? It doesn't seem that you can play through a regular season schedule like on the console, am I right?

Thanks.

Defense control is located in the same area where you can edit your lines, change goalie etc.

The genesis version is different in how the game is played. Try both and see which one you like better.

I don't play against the computer very much, so I can't remember about saving tournament progress, seasons. I don't think those features are available but I'm not sure. I think they are available in the genesis version. If someone else reads this...they may be able to answer those questions better.

Genesis uses battery back-up to make saves. The SNES version uses passwords, but gets upgraded to battery back-up in NHL 95 onwards, I think.

Defense control is located in the same area where you can edit your lines, change goalie etc.

The genesis version is different in how the game is played. Try both and see which one you like better.

I don't play against the computer very much, so I can't remember about saving tournament progress, seasons. I don't think those features are available but I'm not sure. I think they are available in the genesis version. If someone else reads this...they may be able to answer those questions better.

Hey, I got my aim going. I added everyone above, my name is sirmarksalot94, add me as well.

Also, I found the option for saving the playoffs. Config/Saves and check the auto state save/load. Now I can stop in the middle of a game and come right back to it days later. A nice option.

Unfortunately I can't find where you toggle the ability to switch to the defensemen using the L/R keys, I've looked everywhere.

BTW, is there no fighting in this version? No major penalties either. This seems different from the NHL 94 I remember playing. We were able to fight and when we injured another player it usually resulted in the 5 min major penalties.

PS I launched the Gens version to try it out, but I couldn't see how to get it working with keyboard controls. It seems to require a joypad.