NHL'94 Forums

leafs and flames make a big trade....phaneuf now in Toronto!

halifax

Not to mention Giguere now too...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308472

I think that this'll be good for the future, but not so good for now, considering our forward power is pretty much down to Phil Kessel. Have to wonder, though, what Burkie's plans are for Gustavsson, and also whether or not Phaneuf will take Schenn's spot as heir apparent for the C.

Can't help but wonder if the Flames are a bit desperate in the slump they're in, even though they beat the Oilers.

Still, that must be good news for Smozoma. :lol:

Not to mention Giguere now too...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308472

I think that this'll be good for the future, but not so good for now, considering our forward power is pretty much down to Phil Kessel. Have to wonder, though, what Burkie's plans are for Gustavsson, and also whether or not Phaneuf will take Schenn's spot as heir apparent for the C.

the leafs got rid of toskala and blake...good trade for toronto especially if giguere can find the form that took the ducks to the cup.

Phaneuf never really lived up to his hype in Calgary anyway. His salary was gigantic and was signed I think until 2013. His defensive play has been on the decline. Good move by the flames for getting rid of him. They got some good young players and some goal scorers out of the deal.

The Flames defense has never really been their problem, they just can't score. Hopefully these new guys help bolster the Flames and add some depth, which is what really killed them last year in the playoffs with all the injuries.

Phaneuf never really lived up to his hype in Calgary anyway. His salary was gigantic and was signed I think until 2013. His defensive play has been on the decline. Good move by the flames for getting rid of him. They got some good young players and some goal scorers out of the deal.

The Flames defense has never really been their problem, they just can't score. Hopefully these new guys help bolster the Flames and add some depth, which is what really killed them last year in the playoffs with all the injuries.

Now to piss you off but :

Phaneuf Number's

Toughest Competition on D

Worst Teamates on D

Best Relative Corsi

Phaneuf requested a trade out of Calgary, Flames didn't have much choice. Hopefully this trade gives them some balance offensively, honestly, their defense is still pretty good- Bouwmeester, Regehr, Sarich, Giordano, White, Pardy, Johnson. Plus Kiprusoff in goal.

They just need to score some goals nowadays.

you also forgot ian white for the defense core

now the only really good goal scoring forward the flames got was hagman everyone else is useless

i think a guy like gigure will help gusstavson for sure

but im waiting to see what burke does with the defence

now with phaneuf kaberle komisarik beuchimen schenn finger gunnerson and exelby im looking for burke to trade a defence or two

and i think its gunna be kaberle... gunnerson white and beuchimen all played more minutes than him last night which leads me to believe their asking kaberle for a list of ten teams

now the only really good goal scoring forward the flames got was hagman everyone else is useless

now with phaneuf kaberle komisarik beuchimen schenn finger gunnerson and exelby im looking for burke to trade a defence or two

and i think its gunna be kaberle... gunnerson white and beuchimen all played more minutes than him last night which leads me to believe their asking kaberle for a list of ten teams

Burke said he wouldn't trade Kaberle. He's got a no-trade clause, and Burke won't disrespect him by asking him to waive a right he earned.

So, the only way Kaberle will go is if he asks for a trade.

Maybe they'll buy out Finger... no one will take on his salary (not that he's all that bad, but 3.5M is crazy)

And maybe they'll convert one of these other D into a decent forward...

Anyway, I haven't a clue. I'm no good at trading anything :lol:

nationals1 said:

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

Flames offense should look something like this:

Iginla-Stajan-Bourque

Glencross-Jokinen-Hagman

Dawes-Langkow-Backlund

Looks pretty solid, add some tools for 4th line, Calgary has'em by the dozen.

My guess is they keep Boyd, Nystrom, Mayers (Or is it a salary dump?).

Flames offense should look something like this:

Iginla-Stajan-Bourque

Glencross-Jokinen-Hagman

Dawes-Langkow-Backlund

Looks pretty solid, add some tools for 4th line, Calgary has'em by the dozen.

My guess is they keep Boyd, Nystrom, Mayers (Or is it a salary dump?).

despite jokinen's bad year he is not worse than stajan... jokinen will stay on the first line

He isn't going to play with Iginla for the reminder of the year, they just don't click, not a 1st line or not question.

well stajan is definetly not a 1st line centre... just saying

Would have been simple to just sign kaberle instead of all that burkie burger...

I'm just sayin :D

Jokinen just traded to the NY Rangers.

that trade is nixed for now...Ales kotalik has a no trade clause and is believed to be the one that stopped the deal. I also heard this morning on the radio that there may be a 3 way trade in the works that'll send kotalik to another team.

Burke said he wouldn't trade Kaberle. He's got a no-trade clause, and Burke won't disrespect him by asking him to waive a right he earned.

So, the only way Kaberle will go is if he asks for a trade.

Maybe they'll buy out Finger... no one will take on his salary (not that he's all that bad, but 3.5M is crazy)

And maybe they'll convert one of these other D into a decent forward...

Anyway, I haven't a clue. I'm no good at trading anything :D

ya the kaberle thing is true

maybe exelby because hes asked for a trade from the leafs as of late

but still they have 7 or 8 nhl quality defenceman minus the always injured mike van ryn