NHL'94 Forums

Why is there no 4-player version of the original ROM?

There's the 2on2 ROM, but I think there should be a 4-player NHL 94 version somewhere. EA made a Genesis peripheral called 4-Way Play, on which 4 people plugged in 4 Genesis controllers and started to play. This applies for both versions, since the SNES had the Multi-Tap, so I can't help but wonder why there's no 4-player mode.

There's the 2on2 ROM, but I think there should be a 4-player NHL 94 version somewhere. EA made a Genesis peripheral called 4-Way Play, on which 4 people plugged in 4 Genesis controllers and started to play. This applies for both versions, since the SNES had the Multi-Tap, so I can't help but wonder why there's no 4-player mode.

you just load original 94 and have 4 people hop in the room before starting.. exactly the same as when playing 2on2.

I know this has been brought up before because JeffBC was hoping to have a two on two league for snes, but so far I've not seen an emulator that can allow 4 people from different computers to play online.

However if I remember correctly, he was able to play as teammates (two people on one computer) against others online.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic...6&hl=2+on+2

not possible with zsnes though. does anyone know if some other snes emulator support more than 2 players?

sorry, i missed the SNES part, was thinking Genesis!

not possible with zsnes though. does anyone know if some other snes emulator support more than 2 players?

Lifted from Snes9K(aillera) FAQ:

Q: Can I play with more than 2 players?

A: Indeed you can.

Basically the same steps to starting a multiplayer game apply, however there are a few important differences. Obviously the game you wish to multiplay in must support three or more players.

Now then, make sure that you, as well as everyone intending to play, has selected the "enable multitap 5" option from the

input menu. If you don't do this it just won't work.

• 7 years later...
Guest Ernoldo

I installed snes 9x gx emulator on my nintendo WII and wanted to play NHL 94 with 3 of my friends... But it has no multitap option. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated :)

-E