NHL'94 Forums

WBOY...Need your help!

hurricane55

I have successfully hacked and reorganized all team pointers for Tjans Coach K editor, only thing i am missing is how the RoM grabs the logos and pallettes for each team...It has to be tied to assembly, plus still looking for the sim value of teams as well. Maybe they are all tied to one headder. The header i found does not have these included. Please help WBOY....i was told you were the one who expanded the NHL Roms, hope you might have a lead or 2, as much of my hack was based on docs for hacking the NHL games.

I was bable to trace the logo, but it still isn't showing me the way it knows that is what logo goes with that team slot.....I'll keep hacking away.

You probably looked for something like this already, but just in case..

I'd expect it to work in one of 2 ways:

1) a pointer table, looking up the pointer based on the current team, like LogoAddress = [PointerAddress + 4xCurrentTeam]. Multiplying by 4 would be implemented as "ASL D0, #$02" or something like that.

2) calculating an offset from the first logo, based on the current team and the size of the logos (assuming they're all the same, since they're not compressed), like LogoAddress = BaseAddress+CurrentTeam*LogoSize.

I'm guessing you'd have seen that in the trace, though... so maybe it's doing something unexpected..

If you know where the logos start, have you tried searching for that value in the trace?

You probably looked for something like this already, but just in case..

I'd expect it to work in one of 2 ways:

1) a pointer table, looking up the pointer based on the current team, like LogoAddress = [PointerAddress + 4xCurrentTeam]. Multiplying by 4 would be implemented as "ASL D0, #$02" or something like that.

2) calculating an offset from the first logo, based on the current team and the size of the logos (assuming they're all the same, since they're not compressed), like LogoAddress = BaseAddress+CurrentTeam*LogoSize.

I'm guessing you'd have seen that in the trace, though... so maybe it's doing something unexpected..

If you know where the logos start, have you tried searching for that value in the trace?

Actaully yo just spoke greek to me.....but i rember seeing thos commands in the trace, but didn't know what was what...i'll compare to see, this may be the break i need...if it is, then you will get ample credit.....so much for wboy. You are turning into the guru i was looking for, much thanks.