NHL'94 Forums

Classic IIHF-style rankings

smozoma

The Spring 2010 season is over, so here are the updated standings!

post-253-032113700 1282709298_thumb.png

Carse takes over 1st place, and Flasox falls to 2nd.

canadiensfan66 makes a big return to classic play and takes 3rd place from Flamingpavelbure

icestorm NHL94 holds at 5th.

Freydey makes a big jump from 10th to 6th

Big movers:

+12 Zalex

+ 9 beavers33

+ 6 nationals1

+ 4 Freydey

At the end of each season, you get points.  The values of the top 10 positions:

Rk   Value	Dif
1	 1200	+40
2	 1160	+40
3	 1120	+20
4	 1100	+40
5	 1060	+20
6	 1040	+20
7	 1020	+20
8	 1000	+40
9	  960	+20
10	 940	+20

From 11 onwards the difference is always 20 points

Each playoff series win, the teams get 'reseeded' in the rankings, so in the end, the champion is 1st, runner up 2nd, and semi-finalists 3rd and 4th based on Pts%.
The remaining spots are filled in based on regular season performance.
The top two B coaches, I rank ahead of the bottom 2 A coaches in each season.  Same for C/B.
Missing past seasons are filled in using the next more recent season's point value minus 20.
Missing 'future' seasons are filled in with a somewhat complicated formula that slowly decays their ranking.
Missing interim seasons are filled in with an average of the next nearest seasons.

The TOTAL VALUE is calculated by adding the values from each previous season, but previous seasons depreciate according to this table:

Example: Value of 1st place
Season 1: 100% value -- 1200 points
Season 2:  75% value --  900 points
Season 3:  50% value --  600 points
Season 4:  25% value --  300 points
Season 5:   0% value --	0 points

Old standings:

Here are the Classic league rankings, as of the end of the Fall 2009 season. The Spring 2010 season is also on the picture, but the ratings for that season are just based on the current standings so you can see roughly how your rating will change.

Anyway, as it stands, mid-season, flasox24 sits atop the standings, with Carse, canadiensfan66, Flamingpavelbure , and angryjay93 occupying the rest of the top 5.

post-253-1274206100_thumb.png

smoz, could you do one of these with all 3 major leagues combined? (classic blitz gdl)

yeah, I'll just average everyone's most recent ratings.

Chaos will give me the info for Fall 2008 tomorrow, so I'll update this one once I have that...

Edited by smozoma

Here are the Classic league rankings, as of the end of the Fall 2009 season. The Spring 2010 season is also on the picture, but the ratings for that season are just based on the current standings so you can see roughly how your rating will change.

Anyway, as it stands, mid-season, flasox24 sits atop the standings, with Carse, canadiensfan66, Flamingpavelbure , and angryjay93 occupying the rest of the top 5.

I sorted it based on the rankings as of the end of the last season since the current season is ongoing.. but you can see how your current season record might affect your ranking for next season.

flasox has the lead!

Set to move up a lot:

Zalex from 30th to about 15th

beavers33 from 49th to about 38th

nationals1 from 51st to about 39th

post-253-1274206728_thumb.png

Edited by smozoma

• 3 months later...

The Spring 2010 season is over, so here are the updated standings!

post-253-032599900 1282709039_thumb.png

Carse takes over 1st place, and Flasox falls to 2nd.

canadiensfan66 makes a big return to classic play and takes 3rd place from Flamingpavelbure

icestorm NHL94 holds at 5th.

Freydey makes a big jump from 10th to 6th

Big movers:

+12 Zalex

+ 9 beavers33

+ 6 nationals1

+ 4 Freydey

• 8 months later...

The rankings need a bit of an upgrade here. I'll wait for it. :)

• 1 month later...

yep i missed Fall 2010 :(

I'll wait for Spring 2011 playoffs to be over, then if someone reminds me, I'll update it.

Update needed ASAP.

• 4 months later...

If you have the spreadsheet, but not the time, I'd be happy to take a crack at updating this for Fall'10, Spring'11 and Fall'11 (when completed).

sure, thanks. i'll try to catch you on aim if i remember..

Maybe u should learn how to read troll I said best of all time! And u still have not won any league that I have been a Part of!

Edited by kgman

ya all time includes right now.. ur 2 ships before anyone knew how to play dont mean sh*t!!!!! and u not being in lgs ive won isn't something I can control maybe if u weren't such a ho and played more ud get to lose more!