NHL'94 Forums

my international romS are coming very nicely

jenzie

well, first of all i've finished all my banners for usage with internaltional teams, and guess what .....

european banner.bmp

african banner.bmp

americas banner.bmp

asian banner.bmp

that's ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY TEAMS in total, 90 are complete and thirty are still to have their own rom done

second, my new WHL season is well and truly underway, with the WHL CHAMPIONS CUP (elite group) completed (see sig to see who won ie NOT ENGLAND *guffaw*) that's right, the TOP RATED TEAM of all of them, i found this particulary funny .....

also no

ITALY

FRANCE

SPAIN

CROATIA

ENGLAND (haha had to say it again BTW)

BRAZIL

and to add to the english humiliation, they lost ALL FOUR games in it (to sweden and republic of ireland, they lead early on in THREE of the games but lost them BWAHAHAHAHA)

anyway ..... the final was between MEXICO and ARGENTINA (another kick in the england jollies) and the MEXICANS won it!

then i started the GROUP ONE and GROUP TWO qualifiers, and have done three rounds of matches, and when that's done i'll have the WHL CUP for all the groups ..... and hopefully before the CONTINENTAL QUALIFIERS begin i'll have the remaining thirty teams done

BTW i watch them AI v AI

so i'll keep updating in this thread about the roms being complete (will have to wait until i get a new*ish* computer so i can put in the banners for the last two roms)

so let me say this ..... THANK YOU EA HOCKEY for twenty years of service ..... NOW REJOICE IN THE NEW REGIME ..... NHLPA93 IS THE NEW KING ..... THE NEW WHL IS KING (for me B))

uh

what?

hockey isnt football wtga

well

IT IS NOW!!!!

:lol:

i wanted a load of teams in them, and i did search hell for leather for ice hockey teams, but the problem was the stats ..... i didn't have them!

so i went looking in the place where they did have loads of teams ..... SENSIBLE WORLD OF SOCCER (that's the football part :D ) right now i have ..... one-two-three-four-ONE HUNDRED FIFTY NINE teams set up with NHLPA93 data, infact i could have EVERY interantional football team (i've also done some of the non-fifa teams like GREENLAND and GIBRALTER and gave them random lower stats, just so i could have a second 30-team european rom if i wanted, and probably a second AFRICA and ASIA rom if i was so inclined ..... because what i really want is an NHLPA93 with INFINATE teams!!! ..... is that crazy? :D ) i had to do this to fill out the AMERICAS ROM

so i created a spreadsheet to convert the SWOS data into usable NHLPA93 data and imput it into NOSE

believe me ..... i don't do NORMAL in this :lol:

oh yeah .....

i'm going to add ONE HUNDRED TWENTY more teams in the future, so that makes a grant total of TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY international teams over EIGHT ROMS

now the intelligent ones on this board (all TWO OF YOU :D ) may realise that is more countries in the WORLD ..... and no i haven't got a team from mars :P ..... but this means i had to have islands as teams like JERSEY, the FALKLAND ISLANDS (who indeed have some sort of international football team!!!) and the great team from the BIMINI ISLANDS!!!!!!!!!!

am i crazy NOW??????????

I WANT INFINATE TEAMS DAMMIT

Edited by jenzie

• 2 years later...

guess what i did today ..... and yesterday .....

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

europe2.jpg

just the banners for now, soon enough i'll get the teams done too, but before that get the WHL season 02 roms sorted (just copying and pasting teams, already done the new season banners)

i TOLD you i was crazy

i TOLD you the future was coming

so from now on all my W.H.L. stuff will be here

from new graphics to info about what teams are done, to the all important RESULTS of my competitions!

europe2.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

and in the last hour, i have completed the ENTIRE roster of teams in my secondary rom set .....

you aleady know the EUROPEAN teams, but i'll list them again, along with the rest!

(only had to create names for a few teams)

now all i have to do is put them in the game .....

WHLsecondaryteams.png

it's amazing how many non-fifa teams there are now ..... all the better for MEEEEEEEEEEEE :big_smile:

funny thing about the 6-aside ROM:

you can't do the B-check (or it's extremely unlikely to work).

This hints that the B-check's success is based on the stick in the animation.

funny thing about the 6-aside ROM:

you can't do the B-check (or it's extremely unlikely to work).

This hints that the B-check's success is based on the stick in the animation.

Smells like a future attempt to hack out the B check.

Have you seen the "6 Aside Soccer" ROM?

http://forum.nhl94.c...6-aside-soccer/

yeah, that was a bit bonkers that rom!

but we're not talking about that .....

completed three of the four roms for season two (just used the "two noses" routine to copy the teams over, pity you can't copy the colours too!) and gonna do the fourth one later

and probably start doing the new ones next week

well, excuse me for typing about what we aren't talking about, but the hit zone of the tripping really cannot be based on the animation, can it? redrawing the thing doesn't take away its functionality, does it? that would be weird. I guess it's possible that removing a solid color and replacing it with the invisible layer color could remove the contact area, but it just seems unlikely and tricky to program. I want to read more on this theory. I have trouble emulating the Genesis because I seems to lose the function of the right of the directional pad, even though it works in SNES9x. this may be worth trying anyway. very interesting.

well, excuse me for typing about what we aren't talking about, but the hit zone of the tripping really cannot be based on the animation, can it? redrawing the thing doesn't take away its functionality, does it? that would be weird. I guess it's possible that removing a solid color and replacing it with the invisible layer color could remove the contact area, but it just seems unlikely and tricky to program. I want to read more on this theory. I have trouble emulating the Genesis because I seems to lose the function of the right of the directional pad, even though it works in SNES9x. this may be worth trying anyway. very interesting.

lol

it was my wierd sense of humour, don't worry about it :exciting:

as for that other stuff ..... nope, can't understand all that at all :P

WHERE IS SERBIA ???

THERE IS:

CROATIA

SLOVENIA

EVEN BOSNIA

BUT WHERE IS SRB ????????????

SRB S LRDY N TH RPN RM LRDY!!!

:grimace:

it's in the first eurpoean rom .....

unfortunately they were relegated from the elite division to the first division

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity...why do you include Alaska and Hawaii banners when they are a part of the U.S.?

• 2 weeks later...

NEWZ UPDATE

just imputed my first teams into NOSE and simming them as we speak ..... ALBANIA and ANDORRA, and to no surprise to anyone ALBANIA are winning 3-0

that's two down ..... 118 to go!

• 3 weeks later...

finished the WHL2european rom, and have ten teams done in the WHL2americas rom, should get that finished by the end of the week!

i WAS going to start the WHL2european competition, but thought i would wait until the champions cups are finished

and my WHL2americas rom is DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

failry flew through the remaining twenty teams today, i was in THA ZONE!!!

gonna be fun to see who comes up from the WHL2 roms into the big leagues .....

i have the formats for both WHL2 and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE competitions .....

for the CL, i drew six groups of five and play home and away, top two automatically go through, and the best four third places are into the 2-leg knockouts ..... the final is also 2-legs

WHL2 is split into three groups of ten, play each other just once (so that nine games each, plenty), top three go through to final group ..... but a departure then happens ..... i have a REPERCHARGE group of the fourths and fifths in the groups, they play off once againt each other and the winner joins the nine who already have qualified. then the ten play each other again, and the WINNER goes up into the main teams!

but of course, if one team goes UP, one team must come DOWN!!!

for the americas, african and asians, it's easy as there are teams in DIVthree from these continents ..... but europe dosn't!

it's the LOWEST team from each continent that goes down, so if you're a eurpoean team in DIVtwo, that team goes down!

i am evil aren't i?

the groups are as follows .....

whlclwhl2.png

they will start when the CHAMPIONS CUPS are complete, and speaking of which .....

three rounds of games are down, and STILL england cannot win a game BWAHAHAHAHA

beaten by PERU and URUGUAY, they need to get something, unless they want another horrible start to the season!

they didn't win a game last year in this competition either!!!

SCOTLAND are two for two, WALES are one for one, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND are zero for two, NORTHERN IRELAND are zero for two also ..... and that ain't good news for them!! *see above*

Edited by jenzie

at last ..... EVERY TEAM BANNER IS DONE!!!

spent all day doing the asia2 flags banners ..... so here is BOTH africa2 AND asia2 banner sets!

africa2.jpgasia2.jpg

all that's needed now is the teams inputted, and the ENTIRE WHL2 is all set to go, still scheduled to start when the CHAMPIONS CUP is done ..... should be in a couple of weeks!

asia2.bmp

africa2.bmp

Edited by jenzie

• 2 weeks later...

NEWZ UPDATE

the CHAMPIONS CUP group stages are done, and here are the games for the LAST16!

the scores will be placed besides their respective game, and games have started and will be finished by weekend ..... end!

the LAST16 is done and here is the results

DIVISION THREE

last16

OMAN 2

GUYANA 3

MOZAMBIQUE 10

CONGO 2

LIBERIA 7

KENYA 3

DOMINICAN REP 5 ot

BAHRAIN 4

EQUITORIAL GUINEA 7 ot

HONG KONG 6

YEMEN 2

UGANDA 3

INDONESIA 4 ot

ZAMBIA 3

BAHAMAS 4

CUBA 3

DIVISION TWO

last16

AUSTRIA 6

NAMIBIA 5

VENEZUELA 4

PUERTO RICO 5 ot

HONDURAS 2

NORTHERN IRELAND 5

CANADA 7

JORDAN 8

BERMUDA 7

MALAYSIA 2

COSTA RICA 4

CYPRUS 13

SINGAPORE 4

TAJIKISTAN 0

BURKINA FASO 4

SIERRA LEONE 2

DIVISION ONE

last16

SWEDEN 8

SOUTH AFRICA 4

SCOTLAND 5 ot

POLAND 4

CZECH REPUBLIC 8

AUSTRALIA 9

CHILE 10

SERBIA 16

CONGO DR 4

SAUDI ARABIA 5 ot

NORWAY 8

FINLAND 3

MOROCCO 11

ECUADOR 4

ROMANIA 9 ot

BULGARIA 8

ELITE DIVISION

last16

PORTUGAL 5

ENGLAND 8

CROATIA 0

BELGIUM 8

NIGERIA 7

CAMEROON 8 ot

UKRAINE 7

GERMANY 10

TURKEY 8

SPAIN 7

ARGENTINA 6

COTE D'IVOIRE 7

JAPAN 8

BRAZIL 12

RUSSIA 2

GREECE 6

*notes*

the two losing semi finalists are in the LAST16 of DIVISION THREE, INDONESIA and BAHAMAS, and could face each other in the quarter finals

DIVISION TWO champions ANGOLA knocked out in group stages

IRAN knocked out in the DIVISION ONE group stages

and MEXICO knocked out in group stages of the ELITE DIVISION

Edited by jenzie

the QUARTER FINALS of the CHAMPIONS CUPS are as follows, and all these teams now score points in the POINTS TOTAL race (8 points for 1st, 7 points for 2nd, 6 points for 3rd and so on)

scores are up as of 29th september

DIVISION THREE

quarter final

MOZAMBIQUE 4

GUYANA 2

DOMINICAN REP 2

LIBERIA 6

UGANDA 3

EQUITORIAL GUINEA 2

BAHAMAS 4

INDONESIA 2

DIVISION TWO

quarter final

PUERTO RICO 3

AUSTRIA 2

JORDAN 6

NORTHERN IRELAND 10

CYPRUS 3

BERMUDA 4 ot

BURKINA FASO 3

SINGAPORE 2

DIVISION ONE

quarter final

SCOTLAND 4

SWEDEN 8

SERBIA 6

AUSTRALIA 7

NORWAY 9

SAUDI ARABIA 3

BULGARIA 7

MOROCCO 6

ELITE DIVISION

quarter final

BELGIUM 7

ENGLAND 10

GERMANY 7

CAMEROON 8

COTE D'IVOIRE 12

TURKEY 8

GREECE 8

BRAZIL 11

Edited by jenzie

the SEMI FINALS of the CHAMPIONS CUPS are as follows, will play them today, and then the 3rd/4th place playoffs, then the FINALS!!!

and after that, some EXTREMELY EXCITING NEWZ for you all :money:

and the scores are up

DIVISION THREE

semi final

LIBERIA 6

MOZAMBIQUE 1

BAHAMAS 5

UGANDA 4

DIVISION TWO

semi final

NORTHERN IRELAND 6

PUERTO RICO 3

BURKINA FASO 5

BERMUDA 3

DIVISION ONE

semi final

AUSTRALIA 7 ot

SWEDEN 6

BULGARIA 12

NORWAY 5

ELITE DIVISION

semi final

CAMEROON 12

ENGLAND 11

BRAZIL 11

COTE D'IVOIRE 8

Edited by jenzie

the FINALS of the CHAMPIONS CUPS are DONE!

here is the results

DIVISION THREE

3/4 place

UGANDA 7

MOZAMBIQUE 5

FINAL

BAHAMAS 5

LIBERIA 2

DIVISION TWO

3/4 place

BERMUDA 6

PUERTO RICO 2