Texas- Angryjay

Oakland- Clockwise

Minnesota- Mav

New York- FPB

Chicago- Habs

Atlanta- Iceguy

Los Angeles- Chaos

San Francisco- Kupuck

I would say all the teams are pretty decent, except Stlouis who dont do anything too great so we can exclude them.

Lets try to get 6-10 team league going.

Random teams might be the best way.

So whos down?

(It might be random though)

Bad+News+Baseball+%28USA%29_003.png

Bad+News+Baseball+%28USA%29_058.png

Bad+News+Baseball+%28USA%29_035.png

wtf why do images not show, damn this new forum

Heres a review of the game:

http://www.theflatness.com/2009/08/bad-news-baseball.html

*****Teams subject to change, if you dont want that tm or want to trade tms let me know

im somewhat interested in this, im more of a bseball stars kind of guy, but i still had a question.

I assume every game will be played in exhibition mode and one main trait of baseball is pitcher stamina, will we be allowed to run the same starter out every game if we please regardless of if i threw until there arm fell off the previous game?

Depends what you guys want, Id rather do a 2-3 starting pitcher rotation. Involves alot more strategy.

1 rule for sure will be you cant use more than 1 starting pitcher in a game, but can use both relievers. Unless its within the first 3 innings and your down 6 runs.

Agreed, but how do you track stamina...do we post it on the boards, use the honor system, have a standard reduction and recovery rate?

Furthermore, lets say we pretend my #1 dude has a stamina of 100/250 to begin my 2nd game of the season, if i sub him in, hes gonna have 250/250, is he blackballed completely? do i only get to use him for 100 points? also he would be more effective then he should be, seems kinda complicated.

Post the number (in rotation) of the pitcher that started.

So when posting score - (2)MIN 5 @ (1)TOR 7

those 3rd and 4th pitchers will get lit up though.

Dont worry about stamina numbers, basically you cant use the pitcher that started the last game at all. Remember you can only use 1 starter per game anyway, unless hes getting completely lit very early.

I think we'll just do top 2 starters.

Post the number (in rotation) of the pitcher that started.

So when posting score - (2)MIN 5 @ (1)TOR 7

those 3rd and 4th pitchers will get lit up though.

Dont worry about stamina numbers, basically you cant use the pitcher that started the last game at all. Remember you can only use 1 starter per game anyway, unless hes getting completely lit very early.

yeah, that seems to make sense...im just wondering about those odd ball situations like....

my ace throws a complete game shutout which i win 3-0. his stamina is 40/250.

my next game, i get into a slugfest, 15-13, it goes 12 innings (the limit in the game). but my starter got shelled, pitched 2 innings, bullpen came in, did work, i used some pinch hitters. bottom of 10th comes around, its 11-11, i got guy at 2nd and 2 outs. my last pitcher (aside from the ace) is up, am i forced to hit him, or can i pinch hit and use my ace who will have 250/250 stamina for the 11th. if it were season mode hed maybe be 100/250.

im just curious because it affects the pitching staff i pick, ive been in leagues before where i picked a team based on line changes being off when it turned out it was determined they would be on after the fact and it pissed me off. i know im being a pain in the ass, i apologize.

btw, im in, just need time to look at rosters and then rosterbate.

is that even possible?

Teams are set! everybody got the team they wanted, except Chaos your going to have to pick Detroit, LA or Stlouis.

Detroit has more offense but LA little better pitching, both are decent teams.

Toronto- Orangeblack

Boston- Donnybrook

Texas- Angryjay

Oakland- Clockwise

Minnesota- Mav

New York- FPB

Chicago- HABS

Atlanta- Iceguy

San Francisco- Kupuck

Los Angeles- Chaos?

Detroit - Chaos?

Here are the official rules

Ten teams

Each team plays each other twice (18 games total) 1 home 1 away

Post all scores in the Results thread

Top 4 teams make post season, to play bof7 playoff series.

Pitching rules

There are 6 pitchers on each team

Top 4 are starting pitchers

Bottom 2 are relievers

You may pick two Starting pitchers from the top 4 each game, and ANY OF THE TOP 4 who pitches current game CANNOT pitch the next game. Only Relievers (bottom 2) can pitch every game.

For example San Francisco picks 1st Starter MAC, changes to 2nd starter Damian in the 6th, he now cannot pitch either of them the next game.

If you have already picked 2 starters and your final reliever is pitching and you are at bat with this reliever you CANNOT pinch hit for him, he is now your only pitcher and cannot be changed even if it is extra innings.

Initially I wanted to do only 1 starter, but since many of you are new to this game I figure this setup is probably the best and cannot be abused as you lose those pitchers the next game.

Desyncs

Desyncs in this game arent too hard to pick up on usually the team fielding starts fielding retardedly, once you pick up on a desync let the other guy know right away. If score was tied or it was early and both teams agree on a full reset you may do that. If it is later in the game or someone is leading you may have to pretend the 1st inning is wherever you left off, team losing may also forfeit the game with the current score.

Desyncs arent very common though, but are probably at the same rate as nhl94.

Etiquette

Player 1 is only one that can skip intros and cut screens as well as confirm player 2 lineup

So player 1 should try to skip all intros and most of the cut scenes as it just wastes time.

Also player 2 once you have set your lineup goto the top of the lineup and press right and left to signal your ready for player 1 to press start.

Is everyone familiar with the Nestopia emulator? It also uses the Kaliera client. Are we going to use it as well as the rom from Romnation.net?

I guess we can do 11 teams, if any wants the final 12th team stlouis step right up.

use this setup

Help for noobies

Tap B to move around the bases and press the direction you want to go in

UP 2ND BASE

LEFT 3RD BASE

RIGHT 1ST BASE

DOWN HOME PLATE

on defence

tap B to Jump

push B to dive

and throw to each base with the directions above

Defence is really important, so try to practice on how to move your outfield to get flyballs. The game often burns you if you mess up on defence, but if your playing clean D you have a great chance to win.

Other info on how stats are used is in the review I posted in first thread

Bad News Baseball.zip

Stlouis is still available if anybody wants the final team

to everybody else, start playing the game

also found a new emulator that works great with hamachi ill post it later (virtuanes)