NHL'94 Forums

AHL 94

Hello,

I would like to start this off by saying I am new to this board. Anyways, I was telling my one friend about hacking NHL 94 and he had the idea to make an AHL 94. That being said, I have a couple of questions.

1.)Has anyone attempted to ever make something like this?

2.)I know it's possible to change players names, attributes team colors and etc. but I know changing the logo is a different story. If I would like to change the center ice logo would it be as easy as using a .bmp of the logo or would I actually have to make it? Going with that, would I actually be able to change the team name and logo for the menu as well as the ice?

3.)I already have resources for players names and stats, but has any one found a general formula that works for determining ratings from stats? If not, are there any general guidelines one would go by to determine ratings?

If you have made it this far, I thank you for your patience in reading this all. I know I am new and I apologize if some have these questions have been asked already but I looked around and could not find any answers. Again, thank you very much.

Hello,

I would like to start this off by saying I am new to this board. Anyways, I was telling my one friend about hacking NHL 94 and he had the idea to make an AHL 94. That being said, I have a couple of questions.

2.)I know it's possible to change players names, attributes team colors and etc. but I know changing the logo is a different story. If I would like to change the center ice logo would it be as easy as using a .bmp of the logo or would I actually have to make it? Going with that, would I actually be able to change the team name and logo for the menu as well as the ice?

3.)I already have resources for players names and stats, but has any one found a general formula that works for determining ratings from stats? If not, are there any general guidelines one would go by to determine ratings?

If you have made it this far, I thank you for your patience in reading this all. I know I am new and I apologize if some have these questions have been asked already but I looked around and could not find any answers. Again, thank you very much.

its been done, was like 2004 i think. Miller, Afinegenov etc were on Amerks. Have to cruise the forums for the rom

Hello,

you can change logos

see "Tile Molester Help Vidoes" on http://nhl94.com/html/editing/edit.php (ignore Tile Layer Pro tutorials.. )

as for rating players, Slapshot67 made his own formulas just based on total points for the players.

shooting accuracy in the original game was based pretty strongly on shooting percentage. THe guys with 99 accuracy had over 22% shooting (lemieux, robitaille, nedved, lindros..)

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...