NHL'94 Forums

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

TruePensFan1981

Hello, everybody. Hockey season is just around the corner, and fantasy hockey is here. You are welcome to join my Yahoo fantasy hockey league. It is a roto league. If you are one of those people who sign up just to draft and then you never pay attention to your team or the league, then don't bother signing up.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

League ID number: 8961

Password: hockey

Roster setup:

3 Centers

6 Wingers

6 Defensemen

3 Utility (any non-goalie can play util)

2 Goalies

5 Bench spots

Skater stats:

Goals

Assists

+/-

PIM

PP Points

Hits

Blocked shots

Goalie stats:

Starts

Wins

Losses

Goals Against

GAA

Saves

SV%

Shutouts

If you're interested, then join as soon as possible. The sooner people join, the sooner I'll know if I need to send more invitations out. Have fun this season!

For those of you who don't understand how roto hockey works...

It keeps track of your stats all season long. Each day, the standings show how many fantasy points you would have if the season were to end that day. There are eight skater stats and eight goalie stats. Last place gets only one point in any stat. The league leader in a particular stat will get X amount of points in that stat, with X being equal to the number of teams in the league.

If there's 10 teams in the league

1st in stat: 10 points

2nd in stat: 9 points

3rd in stat: 8 points

10th in stat: 1 point

If there's 12 teams in the league, then the league leader gets 12 points for every stat he is the league leader in.

The key to winning is to rank well in as many stats as possible. You can have the highest-scoring team in the league; however, it won't make your team a winner if you're dead last in every other statistic.

PIM

I thought I'd clarify before anybody asks: you want MORE penalty minutes. More penalty minutes = more points in the PIM category.

why roto league, head to head is way better and more fun.

Because I'm already in several head-to-head leagues, one of which is my own keeper league. There is a possibility I might invite one or two of you to join the keeper league to replace idle managers who haven't signed up yet. This is the third season of my keeper league. I'll give the last few remaining managers some more time; if they don't sign up, I'll invite one or two of you.

I sent you a message via Facebook. I'm already in, although my presence on Saturday 25th for the draft is in doubt, since I may go to a convention that day. But I'll let you know what happens before then.

As for the matter of head-to-head or roto, I truly am fine with either one. I do like head-to-head as well, however. I would not be opposed to switching to a head-to-head format. One thing I like about head-to-head is that the struggling teams are still active because they're trying to claw their way into the playoffs. In roto leagues, the struggling teams just give up and stop logging in (I hate that).

After giving it some thought, I'll switch to a head-to-head format as long as you guys are fine with it. No objections?

The stats shall remain the same, however.

If that's what the other guys want, I can deal with that.

BTW, do you have a better connection now?

If that's what the other guys want, I can deal with that.

BTW, do you have a better connection now?

I will eventually. I've had more important things to deal with in the meantime. Once I do get the new computer and all the other upgrades (and more free time), I look forward to destroying the opposition in NHL '94. When the time comes, I'll have to contact Clockwise (the only man ever to defeat me) and avenge that one-goal loss. Oh, Mario Lemieux, if only your one-timer hadn't hit the crossbar in OT!

• 2 weeks later...

wait nevermind,

i got school on the draft day so that sucks

Can you leave a list to someone so that he can help you with it?

Yo just pre-rank your players. I'm coming home from work around that time anyway, so I won't the draft either. Yahoo picks the best player available according to the rank. For instance, I want Josh Bailey picked last. He is ranked like 500 so Yahoo won't pick him, but if you set a player Yahoo will automatically draft him. By the way, you can sign free agents after the draft if you don't like your players.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know whom I'm facing each week. We should complete this list:

xot pens - xot82

Dojans Dreamteam - xot82's friend

Jack Bauer - mav

Blizzards - RedWingDevil

The Ron Barrs - Dcicion5148

Goldberg the goalie! - TruePensFan

Sea. Tigers - T-Bird

Dr Zoidberg

NHLPA 93 Rocks

The Flying Guidos

Edited by xot82

I'm the Blizzards. I've been using different names for the fantasy leagues I'm in.

bump

I don't know whom I'm facing each week. We should complete this list:

xot pens - xot82

Dojans Dreamteam - xot82's friend

Jack Bauer - mav

Blizzards - RedWingDevil

Dr Zoidberg

Goldberg the goalie!

NHLPA 93 Rocks

Sea. Tigers

The Flying Guidos

The Ron Barrs