NHL'94 Forums

Mav's apology to the 94 community

mav

Guys look i know ive been a total complete douche as of late when it comes to all things 94 and for that I AM REALLY SORRY. Right now im trying to work out my issues(getting angry, "so-called" suicidal tendencies, etc.). Though i still want to play classic, blitz and in any other league and i will try not to do those things anymore.

If i am unable to play, then simply put i will just take a break from 94 to work out my issues

I hope you guys understand. and again i am really sorry for whatever all of you guys had to put up with when you were playing against me

SORRY

I understand TOTALY DUDE!! I have come to play sega without going too overboard as of late but that snes stuff puts me over the edge .ALOT of coaches have anger issues in these lgs and its tough to deal with at times when u play so much and hard and come up short .If my first year posts were all still in the forums you would see some ugly stuff and im still here and playing .This community gangs up on guys quick but also have A.D.D and things come around after a bit lol .Everyone relax and give the guy a break ,losing alot is hard to deal with when u try ur heart out to win ,it really drives people to have 94 rage.

I understand TOTALY DUDE!! I have come to play sega without going too overboard as of late but that snes stuff puts me over the edge .ALOT of coaches have anger issues in these lgs and its tough to deal with at times when u play so much and hard and come up short .If my first year posts were all still in the forums you would see some ugly stuff and im still here and playing .This community gangs up on guys quick but also have A.D.D and things come around after a bit lol .Everyone relax and give the guy a break ,losing alot is hard to deal with when u try ur heart out to win ,it really drives people to have 94 rage.

I wish I could relax on this guy hokkee. You were always a competitor despite your rage.... so there is no real comparison here. I understand the sincerity of his apology, and I can see why you empathize... but his temperament isn't something that he can just voluntarily change. Mav playing NHL94 isn't good for us or him... everyone benefits from his exit.

i dunno, i actually have a condition, called sudden rage syndrome (SRS). NHL94 and a ton of other meaningless (in the grand scheme) can send my anger levels through the roof. i've never quit in the middle of the game before. i've broken over 40 controllers (on all consoles/pc) in my life, but have never quit mid-game. it's inexcusable.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Jxas-Buos?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Jxas-Buos?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Jxas-Buos?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Remeber when mav was a replacment last year in blitz and did the exact same things? I sure do

This would be my punishment for mav,

I can't beleive I'm saying this but let mav stay in the league, but, if anything like it happens ever again in blitz (and not just in blitz 05 I mean forever) than the guy should be kicked out of the league

Remeber when mav was a replacment last year in blitz and did the exact same things? I sure do

This would be my punishment for mav,

I can't beleive I'm saying this but let mav stay in the league, but, if anything like it happens ever again in blitz (and not just in blitz 05 I mean forever) than the guy should be kicked out of the league

So he did it last year? Then it already happened again.....

last year, late in the blitz season he takes over for cracka (i think)...we were late in a game, i was beating him, he dropped. then he refused to play again if we didn't start the game over. so i told him there's no way that was happening. then he started a new game vs the cpu (my team), scored a goal, and posted to the blitz site as a win for him...

last year, late in the blitz season he takes over for cracka (i think)...we were late in a game, i was beating him, he dropped. then he refused to play again if we didn't start the game over. so i told him there's no way that was happening. then he started a new game vs the cpu (my team), scored a goal, and posted to the blitz site as a win for him...

classy

you guys gotta relax, just remember its just a game. Only thing taking a hit when you lose is your ego, and the ego is something you can and should live without.

That said you should have lived and learned by now the code of ethics in playing this game online, I think most people are pissed at you for the lack of effort you put in when you feel you might lose the game. Only thing you really need to do is give effort no matter the score and of course dont quit midway during a game just because your losing.

Hope you resolve your personal issues and comeback to 94 stronger than ever.

you guys gotta relax, just remember its just a game. Only thing taking a hit when you lose is your ego, and the ego is something you can and should live without.

That said you should have lived and learned by now the code of ethics in playing this game online, I think most people are pissed at you for the lack of effort you put in when you feel you might lose the game. Only thing you really need to do is give effort no matter the score and of course dont quit midway during a game just because your losing.

Hope you resolve your personal issues and comeback to 94 stronger than ever.

very well put, most intelligent post this forum has seen in a long time.

seriously? rage over a game?! breaking controllers, cheating and threatening violence? really?! pretty lame, guys.

seriously? rage over a game?! breaking controllers, cheating and threatening violence? really?! pretty lame, guys.

if you're directing part/most of that at me, then yeah, it is pretty lame. like i said, i've got a rage problem, diagnosed by a doctor. it sucks and it makes a lot of things in my life complicated. i certainly wish it wasn't a problem for me...

• 3 weeks later...

It happens, don't sweat it.<br /><br />

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SWMAQYQf0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SWMAQYQf0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SWMAQYQf0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by SuperDave

The game isn't just for fun, it's also a way to release some of our competitive juices. So ya, getting pissed at a bad break or raging is completely normal, not lame. Breaking controllers on a regular basis probably is a bit extreme deserves some looking into.

But that said, I can understand your point of view Trudatman, you're somone who doesn't compete in this community so your take is understandable.

Habs you kill me dude, I can't tell you the number of times you've dropped immediately after losing a game and signed off AIM without a GG.

Habs you kill me dude, I can't tell you the number of times you've dropped immediately after losing a game and signed off AIM without a GG.

lol

Ice: I play plenty of games in-person, though. I don't put up with other people throwing controllers and such things. talk as much shit as you can, but don't get physical. anger won't help.

Ice: I play plenty of games in-person, though. I don't put up with other people throwing controllers and such things. talk as much shit as you can, but don't get physical. anger won't help.

I hear ya. I compare 94 to golf, i love it to death but it can be very frustrating yet enjoyable at the same time.

I think the difference is that an online league is really competitive (more than friendly competition), and also somewhat private/anonymous. When you play people in person, you're going to behave well because a 3 month season isn't on the line, you're playing with a buddy not a rival, and, well, most people don't throw a fit in front of other people.

When you lose a game in a league against someone you don't particularly like, under frustrating circumstances (OT.. bad penalty call.. whatever..), and it's just you in your house/room/whatever, letting out some frustration by bashing the table or controller is going to happen. I'll sometimes throw/drop/flip my controller to the ground in disgust, or give a good bang on the keyboard tray (makes a great racket).

But yeah... actually BREAKING something is pretty silly. You're going to have to replace it :P

But even some NHL players break their sticks after a bad goal (just stay away from Ballard..). They get free replacements, though...

"hey guys I was down 3-1 and a desync happened, cracka is such an ass for wanting to set the score to 3-1 rather than starting over 0-0 and greatly benefiting me"

im not talking about your desynch but your attitude in our games! take your pills tho!

we dont need another iceguy!

ty!

Edited by Houli

hahaha blirz b is full of UNHAPPY CAMPERS :D