NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 League Idea!

crackawhat

So heres the idea, we've all played Ice Hockey for NES right? Where your team consists of 4 players and you can choose from 3 types of players; light, fast, with poor shot power, medium weight and speed, with decent shot power, or fat, slow, with high shot power. Well what if we apply this idea to NHL94 (weightfix rom!!)? 4v4, and standardized skinnies, mediums, and fatties. You decide what you want your team to be composed of and what their positions will be before the season starts, essentially doing a "draft."

Players will be distinguished from one another using the following regulations; light guys will have jersey numbers in the 10's, mediums in the 30's, fatties in the 50's, goalies in the 70's. This way it's very easy to tell who's fat and who's skinny. Also since none of the players really have any names, I'll let you name your players.

I'll get into exact values of each type of player later once I get enough people who are interested in the league.

One thing I need to know is, is it possible to default the game to do 4 on 4 and still allow line editting? If thats possible then I could enable everyone to edit lines to their likings (throw in 3 forwards of each type, and 2 defensemen of each type, totaling 9 forwards and 6 defensemen) rather than locking in someone to their draft choices.

So what do you say, who's up for it?

Signups:

Crackawhat

Dcicon

Sabre Fan

Redwingdevil

Edited by crackawhat

I think Xstoph made versions like this with the SNES version on his thread. You might want to have a looksie on that.

There's also something like this for the Genesis version, but I don't remember where it is.

I worked on trying to get something like this going, although I was waffling between having them in lines and turning line changes on, or just having each player be able to use whoever they wanted from the outset - I believe that it would have required pretty big rosters to do it right (three types of forwards, three times, right+left = 18 skaters, two types of defensemen two times, right+left = 8 defensemen, 2 goalies). You'd just standardize the types of players from the start:

Puck-moving, attacking defenseman

Heavy, hard-checking defenseman

Small light quick goalscoring forward

Midweight mideverything forward

Power, heavy forward

Goalie

• 2 weeks later...