NHL'94 Forums

Addressing the parity issue in B league

crackawhat

B has two major problems this year; skill parity and people not playing games, and it appears these problems may be related. For example, I'm currently in 4th place with a .650% (which by the way, is just stupid). I'm .003 behind 3rd place, and very close to 2nd place. I REALLY wanna play my games since I want to grab a higher seed.

The bottom 5 games played in the league also have the bottom 5 pts%. Why? Because it sucks signing onto AIM to play players who you know are just going to rip through you (kinda why no B leaguers wanted to play Frey in exhis). So let's explore how we can fix this.

1. Recruitment drive to extend the league. This one is the hardest to accomplish but would be the best option if feasible. More players = more leagues = much better competition in individual leagues. Very unlikely to happen, so lets put this one aside for now.

2. Being harder on slackers. Deadlines should be more strictly enforced. No penalties apply until the 30 game deadline, and all that happens is players will sign on that week and bang out all 30 games in a week or two. It's not fun, it's not how the league is meant to be played, and frankly it's boring.

3. Being harder on people not making the playoffs. To fix this in A league is simple; if an A leaguer is no where even close to making the playoffs at the end of the season, bump him down to B if he accepts. He can stay in A for one more season if he wants to, but if he gets blown out again then automatic bump down to B. B leaguers who get blown out of the playoffs should get replaced. Yep, sorry guys, but thats how it should be. There are enough people on the waiting to list to fill in small gaps in A and B.

Finishing with below a .350% is simply too low; they don't meet the skill qualification for playing in the league. I understand I'm offending a sizable portion of B right now, but this is getting ridiculous. First off, there's a theory that people finish low some seasons to get high draft picks; implementing finishing low and getting booted removes that act of douchebaggery. Second, simply because it's B shouldn't mean there shouldn't be a skill floor. I want a league with fierce competition, not 6 teams I look at and think "well there's a sure 20 wins." Obviously if there's no one to replace people finishing low, then don't boot them out. Also, players can come back to the league in the future if they were booted for doing poorly, and in fact they should get priority on the waiting list. Just provide some proof that you've improved.

Just to note, this would not apply to people who miss the playoffs with something like a .480% and .485% was 8th seed, but it would apply to someone with .300% missing the playoffs to an 8th seed with .320%

Even if you make the playoffs with below a .350%, you cannot be booted for this reason.

Well, hope I didn't piss off too many people with this, but it had to be said. This parity problem needs to be addressed.

Looking at the games played numbers.....

Blitz A - 332

Blitz B - 336

Being the holiday season I can understand people not having the time as in the fall months so lets just get the guys with lower game counts caught up and get onto the playoffs.

Bottom 4 in GP in A: 22, 18, 18, and 13

Bottom 4 in GP in B: 18, 16, 16, and 14

But my main point really was;

6th, 7th, and 8th seeds pts% in A: .500, .545, .571

6th, 7th, and 8th seeds pts% in B: .319, .340, .404

Looking at the games played numbers.....

Blitz A - 332

Blitz B - 336

Being the holiday season I can understand people not having the time as in the fall months so lets just get the guys with lower game counts caught up and get onto the playoffs.

cmon man ,your really not that gullible are you ?being the holiday season ,grab a brain all star underacheiver lolol u should have 2 losses with that team

Edited by hokkeefan

there simply aren't enough people to expand.

there are 3 replacement/rookie coaches in B. they're going to suck.

when the weaker players start playing each other, their stats will start moving towards .500 as they beat up on each other

also, my fault for moving a lot of talent from A to B for this season

i don't want to boot people just because they're not that good..

there simply aren't enough people to expand.

there are 3 replacement/rookie coaches in B. they're going to suck.

when the weaker players start playing each other, their stats will start moving towards .500 as they beat up on each other

also, my fault for moving a lot of talent from A to B for this season

i don't want to boot people just because they're not that good..

New guys get a pass for this season. First, it's their first season so I don't expect them to perform really well or anything. Second, three of them didn't even draft their team; they took over for other players. This is more for future use for people who've been consistently bad through 2+ seasons.

Edited by crackawhat

yeah well go f urself :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the problem is u guys in B need to learn the game, i dont understand how u cant at the very least be competitive when u play this game, no matter who u play, with the exception of the elite of the elite. the game is 16 yrs old.... dont join a league right away if ur brand new to the game,practice first... and if u have played the game before and have some experience, STEP UP and compete, learn, practice do what it ever it takes to play ur F-ing games. I just dont understand how anyone can be terrible at this game, its not difficult.. especially in the B league, no offense to B leaguers, there are some great players, but theres a reason ur in B and not A. perhaps that pep talk will inspire some coaches and improve the parity. Also dc, hokee and houl IMO are A leaguers. They would hand a beating to some of the A league guys.. Just my two cents tho.

If I didn't have the layoff in playing 94 I'd probably be much better than I'm doing right now, tho I have started getting back in to the swing of things with '94 and won a few games in a row after getting whipped like 10 straight. That and look at the team I took over, like seriously.

• 4 weeks later...