Controller suggestions

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got these from playasia.com.

post-194-1160430274_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately they are sold out.

The Saturn USB pads were L.E. and exclusive to Japan..So I don't think you'll find any US distributors that have any.

You can get a USB adapter for your Gen pad, retrousb.com has them. I know someone from this forum who got one and he's happy with it.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

just curious, what do you guys use for gamepads? im asking because im using a logitech percision usb game pad (pictured below) and ive had it for quite sometime now and the d pad is starting to stick so im thinking of buying a new controller. now, i saw on ebay they have sega controllers with usb for about 30 dollars, does anyone use one of these or did they make it them themselves? do you think it gives you an advantage over someone playing with a gamepad like the one i am currently using? let me know what you guys think. thanks.

963335-0403-R.jpg

I use a Logitech PS2-style gamepad. It's quite a difference playing that from a keyboard. :D

i use the logitech usb controller that looks like a PS2 controller, i have 2 of them (one for me one for my bro) and the things a friggin tank, i know my brother and I have tossed those suckers around and they still work like new

i use the logitech usb controller that looks like a PS2 controller, i have 2 of them (one for me one for my bro) and the things a friggin tank, i know my brother and I have tossed those suckers around and they still work like new

It's the same one I got. :D And yeah, those controllers are pretty durable.

I use an xBox360 controller for the PC. The analog stick doesn't offer the control of a great D-pad (which are rare!), but I've become accustomed to it.

I would argue the best D-pad's come from Nintendo manufactured input devices, as seen above. I'm curious to see if anyone has found something better.

I use my original SNES controller with a USB converter I bought online last year.

Indeed a great way to play.

Surprisingly there have been a blister of these Sega USB pads available on ebay recently (usually Japanese sellers). If anyone's interested in copping one I wouldn't wait long - they have been out of production and out of circulation for several years now

i saw those, and also i saw a kit on retrousb.com where you can convert a gens controller to usb. im wondering witch i should buy because i feel like i want to have to closest possible experience to the console and the controllers offered on ebay arnt actually made by the sega company rather some dude slapping a sega sticker on them. am i wrong about the ebay controllers? will the sega controller on ebay be legitimate?

Edited by donnybrook

and also i saw a kit on retrousb.com where you can convert a gens controller to usb

I can't speak for the quality of the eBay offerings, but I am very happy with the $20-ish cable I got from retrousb that lets me plug in any Sega controller:

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?c...;products_id=69

Allows me to play with quite literally the same controllers I was using 15 years ago, and if I ever break the pad I still have the cable. Just have to go to the Internet and buy another regular-ol' Sega pad for $5.

can't speak for the quality of the eBay offerings, but I am very happy with the $20-ish cable I got from retrousb that lets me plug in any Sega controller:

Allows me to play with quite literally the same controllers I was using 15 years ago, and if I ever break the pad I still have the cable. Just have to go to the Internet and buy another regular-ol' Sega pad for $5.

yeah, ive been on that site a hundred times and never saw that cable untill today. i defentilly think im going to invest in one. thanks man.

I can't speak for the quality of the eBay offerings, but I am very happy with the $20-ish cable I got from retrousb that lets me plug in any Sega controller:

just got it today in the mail, have to say, works flawlessly. strongly recommend buying this cable.

Using two PS2 clone USB controllers. They only cost me a fiver each and they more than do the job, the thumbsticks suit me as a really nice way to play the game, I just map the shoot and pass buttons to the right analog stick and the dump and poke buttons to the bumpers...kind of a NHL 09 / 94 compromise, works really well!

Using two PS2 clone USB controllers. They only cost me a fiver each and they more than do the job, the thumbsticks suit me as a really nice way to play the game, I just map the shoot and pass buttons to the right analog stick and the dump and poke buttons to the bumpers...kind of a NHL 09 / 94 compromise, works really well!

Saitek P220 is the only KG approved gamepad