NHL'94 Forums

Crease and area behind the net

Well with the excitement of the new NHL season coming up, I've been thinking about making a new version (more for the amusement of my friends than anything else). Anyway, I remember a long time ago, SWOS tried explaining to me how to do the new style goalie crease, which I was having difficulty with because manipulating the tile mirroring was something that I had a hard time mastering to the point of making a good crease. Anyway, I'm obviously looking to do this so would anyone be kind enough to give me some pointers or procedures? Specifically which tiles to mirror and whatnot.

Also, now that the NHL is putting restrictions on goalies playing the puck, would anyone have any idea as to how to make the trapezoid areas behind the nets which will be appearing on NHL ice this season?

Sorry guys but I'm really rusty at this...its been quite a few years :D

Hey Chris,

In my latest ROM I'm making with Ben, I was able to adjust the crease area by changing just 3 tiles to look like the modern crease. I haven't seen the new NHL ice yet, are there images I could see somewhere of it?

Anyway, I'll try to have a tutorial on how to change the crease tiles sometime soon. It takes some time to explain, which is probably why Swos never got around to finishing his tutorial. It's similar thinking to changing the banners and startup logos.

I'll let you know when I create that tutorial.

-Evan

Thanks Wboy... now I see the trapazoid, hehe.

My free time has been slim lately, but I do intend to make the crease tutorial soon. Once that's up, you might be able to figure out the trapazoid from the logic within the tutorial.

Maybe if we're lucky I'll figure it out myself, but don't hold your breath.

-Evan

• 1 month later...
Thanks Wboy... now I see the trapazoid, hehe.

My free time has been slim lately, but I do intend to make the crease tutorial soon. Once that's up, you might be able to figure out the trapazoid from the logic within the tutorial.

Maybe if we're lucky I'll figure it out myself, but don't hold your breath.

-Evan

The beauty of the trapzoid is, in NHL 94 the goalies only can come out as far as the new NHL rules. The NHL 94 goalies can only come a certain amount out of the net. Hopefully we can find a way to graphically enter the trapazoid behind the net. I was also wondering if it is possible to move the bluelines out to the red dots (remove the red dots for faceoff. The red dots just outside the bluelines would extend the enzone like the new nhl. The view of the NHL94 rink would support the blueline out to the red dots, you would still see the whole endzone. Any further out, the camera angle would switch to the neutral zone. If the bluelines were moved out to the dots, the faces offs would be taken on the blueline. I am ok with that.

I appologise for the terrible sentence structure. I was in a rush