NHL'94 Forums

NHL hitz 2002

This has to be one of my favorite games of all time. So much fun. It's an arcade style hockey game, and I realize some people may not like that here, but the game's definetly worth your time.

The gameplay is fast and loaded with big hitz, unlike hitz 2003, which was toned down a bit, and more "real." There's a franchise, take a team, and use players with crappy stats and build them up. A championship where you choose an Nhl team and take them to the cup. There's trivia after every game. It's a blast.

with the credits you earn by playing exhibition or championship mode, you can buy old time jerseys, special arenas and teams, and heads. You could play as the avalanche in quebec nordiques uniforms versus the snowmen at the disco or actual sharks versus San Jose sharks on a pirate ship. The graphics are really good, and there is even a skills challenge. Check it out.

Still have a copy of this for the ps2, bought it back in 2007

It's probalbly one of the most entertaining hockey games for the ps2

If I don't have a PS2, what are my options for playing this game? A PS2 emulator?

If I don't have a PS2, what are my options for playing this game? A PS2 emulator?

it's on xbox as well, but i'm guessing you don't have one. might be backwards compatible on the xbox 360?

hey bob, do you have a 360 or ps3? have you tried EA's 3 on 3 nhl arcade? I looks like it might have a similar feel to nhlhitz. I've played it and find it to be a ton of fun.

hey bob, do you have a 360 or ps3? have you tried EA's 3 on 3 nhl arcade? I looks like it might have a similar feel to nhlhitz. I've played it and find it to be a ton of fun.

No, I dont have Xbox 360 or ps3.. It looks pretty cool though

My buddy had the EA NHL 3on3 demo downloaded from xbox live arcade.. 2v2 on this game will keep you busy for hours.

Hitz 2002 was ok, definitely the best of the NHL Hitz series... To be honest I felt the game to get boring after awhile. While massive hits, fights, and "being on fire" are fun it doesn't seem to have the creative/realistic game play to keep me coming back to it.

Edited by kupuck19

hell yeah, this is the best hockey game other than 94 in my book! I still play my gamecube copy on my wii occasionally! The create-a-team thing was really cool. Not to mention one of the names the announcer can call your player is "Bo" B)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

03 was nice. Hitz Pro was just...odd :\ i liked everything about it but once you got on the ice and played, it just didn't feel right. Next Level Games couldn't carry on what Black Box did, and btw R.I.P. Midway.

oh sweet jesus if we could play some online leagues with Hitz

• 4 weeks later...

I've never played any of the Hitz games but from what I gather, Hitz Pro (with Lidstrom on the front) is not great because it's 5 on 5 and they tried to make it more realistic.

But between, NHL Hitz 2002 and 2003, which is better? Is 2002 actually better, because I've read that they're essentially the same, but 2003 is a bit improved in many ways?

I wouldn't mind picking one up for Gamecube to play on my Wii.. they're like $8 online.

• 3 months later...