NHL'94 Forums

Crowd

Leafsimon

Just wondering if anyone else gets a little tired of the crowd in '94. I was wondering if there'd be an easy edit that could tie some of the clothing colours in the crowd to home team jerseys, maybe even one or two away team fans in the crowd. Also, I found it funny that NHL 2011 was flaunting the fact that they had women in the crowd for the first time...pshaw. That's it. Maybe a hat throwing mod too, so that they throw squid in detroit after random goals, rats in florida, and waffles in toronto....

S.

can guarantee there's no way to edit what the throw in different locations. good luck even finding the hat to edit. i would guess there would be a way to do the crowd colors, but would take a really good hexer to figure it out. i'm not that guy.

word. adding a stripe wouldn't be too hard. I added a midget/baby on a glitchy looking sprite on a lady's lap in the SNES version. I also have the folks against the glass flipping birds. try not to get too excited.

editing the crowd sprites wouldn't be difficult, but as far as changing the fans clothes to match the teams' uniforms would require a lot of palette changing, which would be complicated, if not impossible. at least that's what i would imagine.

Just wondering if anyone else gets a little tired of the crowd in '94. I was wondering if there'd be an easy edit that could tie some of the clothing colours in the crowd to home team jerseys, maybe even one or two away team fans in the crowd. Also, I found it funny that NHL 2011 was flaunting the fact that they had women in the crowd for the first time...pshaw. That's it. Maybe a hat throwing mod too, so that they throw squid in detroit after random goals, rats in florida, and waffles in toronto....

S.

Switch the palette for the the crowd tiles in the rink to the home or visitor palette. Then in TM, all you have to do is draw the jersey over them with the colors you want to use from the home or visitor palette. You could do just a few tiles with the visitor's palette and the rest would be the home palette.

If you want to change the hats it's a very quick, simple edit. The two tiles for the hats are around EA5D5, load the 2nd rink palette and jump to that offset then draw what you want. If you want to replace the hat trick! text, it's at 18A27. It might be at a different location if you are using the unaltered ROM.

Only ook a couple of minutes:

post-194-080548800 1302977385_thumb.png

• Thanks 1

had no idea the hats had been found by anyone, thought they might be too small to find...i can see how switching the crowd tiles in the rink palette to the home or visitor palette would work, but how do you do it? i'm assuming in hex workshop, but once you get there, how can you do it? like i said earlier, i suck at hexing.