NHL'94 Forums

Sharks Get Bite Back

CamKneely

The San Jose Sharks, after a very slow start and tumultuous first quarter of the season in general, have won 7 straight games and now sit 5 points behind Tampa Bay for first in the Dmitry Division of the Mark Lesser Conference. The Sharks lost their first 7 games of the season, as top guns Mark Recchi and Adam Oates fizzled repeatedly trying to get into a rhythm. Embarrassing losses to league doormats Washington and Philadelphia followed, as fans began to get restless, raining down boos on the coaching staff and captain Recchi. The phonelines of several local radio call-in shows were flooded with messages such as "WHEN IS THAT MORON GOING TO PUT RECCHI AT CENTER ON THE TOP LINE AND MOVE OATES TO WING?" "They need to toss those Oates, I think he expired last month, he's starting to smell rotten" and "Marry me Ricci, you're such a cutie".

Finally, the coaching staff responded, moving Recchi in between Oates and Ricci on the top line. Since the change, the Sharks are 14-6. Recchi, who now has 115 points, said "Yeah, we're taking off now, with me in the middle. I don't know what these idiots were thinking to start the season, but it's all smooth sailing now." Oates laughed when told of the quote. "Yeah, I was so bad in the middle, Frankie Muniz called and offered to take over for me. Luckily the Recchin' Ball managed to do it instead because I don't think we can afford such an A-list actor." The Sharks have 16 games on the schedule, the same amount as Tampa Bay.

"WHEN IS THAT MORON GOING TO PUT RECCHI AT CENTER ON THE TOP LINE AND MOVE OATES TO WING?" "They need to toss those Oates, I think he expired last month, he's starting to smell rotten" and "Marry me Ricci, you're such a cutie".

Wow lol