NHL'94 Forums

VERY IMPORTANT! NEW 2011 ROM VERSION

LA Robbie

The genius known as Smozoma has managed to edit the 2011 rom to give us a 5:00 OT clock!

He's also adjusted the checking on the rom to take a little of the advantage away from the defending team. Not being a very good player i'm a little disappointed about that bit but hey ho! lol

THIS ROM IS NOW THE OFFICIAL ROM FOR USE IN ALL GENS 2011 LEAGUE GAMES! DO NOT USE THE PREVIOUS ROM YOU'VE BEEN PRACTICING WITH!!!

Rom attached. Enjoy!

NHL_94_(Playoff_Edition_2011)v2.bin

Edited by LA Robbie

just to clear up what i did with the checking..

the weight bug fix was designed with the original game in mind, and that game had a certain distribution of checking ratings.. so i adjusted the distribution of checking ratings in this ROM to be closer to the original.

now you'll find that some players can check players who weigh more than them, and some can't, whereas in the old 2011 ROM, it was pretty much guaranteed that every player could check players heavier than themselves (up to a point).

my own team has forwards like st.louis with very low checking ratings, so if anything i am hurt by this fix, but i think it'll make the gameplay more interesting.

the hitting is still more generous than the original game.

:huh: pronger can be mistaken for cammy granato...

I dunno, I've just gone about 7 for 8 on hits with pronger.. don't forget they'll all suck when they get tired (they get tired 5 times faster in this ROM that the original game)

I dunno, I've just gone about 7 for 8 on hits with pronger.. don't forget they'll all suck when they get tired (they get tired 5 times faster in this ROM that the original game)

Meant to ask about this. I feel like it's too quick? You get like 3 runs with the puck out of your players & then they need to be changed. Wouldn't something like 3 times faster be better? It would give you more chance to use a line before they became "unusable". You could make recovery a bit slower so the other lines still get a chance.

Meant to ask about this. I feel like it's too quick? You get like 3 runs with the puck out of your players & then they need to be changed. Wouldn't something like 3 times faster be better? It would give you more chance to use a line before they became "unusable". You could make recovery a bit slower so the other lines still get a chance.

It was actually 6 times, and I made it 5.. no one had mentioned it before, but I thought it was pretty fast, so I made a slight adjustment..

smoz, question about the new rom version. I noticed an increase in penalties being called. Thought it was a one game fluke but it's not. Would the checking rating change somehow have something to do with this? I was averaging 2-3 penalties a game for each team to 8, 7 and 6. I played three games to be sure. That's a huge increase I noticed right away. Anybody else notice this. Pay attention to your scrimmage games and let us know. Check out the game stats at the end and write them down please. Also, I noticed the guys don't seem to fatigue as fast. Maybe I'm wrong because I don't see how adjusting the checking rating would affect that, but it appears to me and my friend to be that way.

smoz, question about the new rom version. I noticed an increase in penalties being called. Thought it was a one game fluke but it's not. Would the checking rating change somehow have something to do with this? I was averaging 2-3 penalties a game for each team to 8, 7 and 6. I played three games to be sure. That's a huge increase I noticed right away. Anybody else notice this. Pay attention to your scrimmage games and let us know. Check out the game stats at the end and write them down please. Also, I noticed the guys don't seem to fatigue as fast. Maybe I'm wrong because I don't see how adjusting the checking rating would affect that, but it appears to me and my friend to be that way.

I don't see what the checking would do to the penalties. Maybe failed checks are more likely to be called as penalties? But it should be a subtle difference even if that's true.

In the original game, the players fatigue at a rate of 33 (no idea what the units are.. but that's the number it uses). The original playoffs rom, it was set to 198 -- 6 times faster. I set it to 5 times faster, 165. Small difference.

I don't see what the checking would do to the penalties. Maybe failed checks are more likely to be called as penalties? But it should be a subtle difference even if that's true.

In the original game, the players fatigue at a rate of 33 (no idea what the units are.. but that's the number it uses). The original playoffs rom, it was set to 198 -- 6 times faster. I set it to 5 times faster, 165. Small difference.

Ok, we thought we noticed that! I actually like it better. It's such a small change but a good noticeable difference. Well, we played 3 more games and the penalties were 6, 3, and 5 so I guess it's normal. We'll see what the other players say when/if they chime in.

I've played 4 league games and haven't noticed any difference really at all in the amount of penalties called. I haven't written them down or kept track of the numbers, bt I haven't noticed any kind of change to the flow of the game. But then again, the style of game I play, I don't take many penalties to begin with.

if you noober scoobers remember, can you please also write down the number of penalties called during the game for both teams and include that along with the player stats? As I write this I didn't even do it for my last two games against san jose but also experienced a lot more penalties than usual. I mean I played this game long enough to feel when something is not quite right. It seems to give you penalties in bunches. Ref drops the whistle, immediate penalty caused by the computer, then another one, then 20 seconds later another one. Sometimes, bam!, you have 3 guys in the box in a minute and a half. Maybe it's my imagination.

I think this way we can give Smoz an idea if tinkering with checking ratings affects penalties. I doubt it but it's a good control group experiment.

Since this ROM is new to everyone, we're all learning/perceiving differences to the original with respect to gameplay -- I wonder if we start a new thread to list what people are thinking?

For example, I feel the goalies are weaker in this ROM. I haven't played a lot of games, but I feel deke goals are much easier in this ROM compared to the original. Someone mentioned that they feel the goalie starts deteriorating after 4 goals -- not sure if I see that, but also interesting.

I also feel passing is better, in that there are less passes bouncing off skates -- could be the NYR (team I play with most) have good stick handling. Dunno.

Any other thoughts on the ROM so far?

The player ratings are all very high, so passing and stickhandling (deking) will be better. On the other hand, the goalies are pretty good in this game, so they should be able to offset that.. so dunno why deking would be easier..

For example, I feel the goalies are weaker in this ROM. I haven't played a lot of games, but I feel deke goals are much easier in this ROM compared to the original. Someone mentioned that they feel the goalie starts deteriorating after 4 goals -- not sure if I see that, but also interesting.

Agree - v2 seems to open up the scoring a bit more, but I am not sure if it is just the goalies or if players are having easier times getting to scoring areas. I think I may have mentioned the 4 goal quicksand trap for goalies, but I have nothing to prove there's actually something to that other than observations and speculations.