NHL'94 Forums

How did you find www.nhl94.com?

Comeback_King

Well I found this place, because I found my old SEGA 16-bit and all of my games that my brother had borrowed from me back in 1998-99? which I totally forgot. So I kinda popped in the NHL94 again and it was really great. Then I watched some games on youtube and well here I am. And i'm excited about the fall season which I signed up for. And this forum seems to have some great people so cheers!

(for those who don't get it Iceguy, it means "cool story, bro".. "cool starry bra")

• 4 months later...

Hmm, it wasn't that long ago so I'll go through some highlights from my browsing history. I asked the lycos dog about genesis hockey and he pointed me here: http://www.genesishockeyclub.ie/

and then here: http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/3126/

which was a great article, except the part where the author said '94 was better than '93. After scrolling to the bottom of the page I was strangely inspired to look up pics of Angela Watson. Getting back on track, I made my way to romnation to nearly download such genesis classics as Baby's Day Out and Chibi Maruko Chan Wakuwaku Shopping.

Then it was time to statnerd at nhl.com, and on to legendsofhockey.net to view the entire Gretzky gallery 1 image at a time. After this I was ramped up to read about the Nanking Massacre on wikipedia, and then I made it! I was reading reviews for NHL94 on gamefaqs! I was on fire at this point. I needed a break.

Ahh, NHLPA '93, how I had missed you. It was time to relive glory days and hoist Lord Stanley's Boombox one good time. What joyous fun, but something was missing. Should I read the plotline for Pacific Inferno on imdb? No. Watch Pawn Stars on hulu? Sure, why not. Find out the skinny on Joe Paterno at espn.com? "God help me!" No answer. "Lycos dog help me!" And he said "Go to google." So I googled nhlpa 93 and here I am.

Edited by Klimanen

• 4 weeks later...

I played NHL '93/'94 on Super Nintendo & '96 on the Genesis religiously as a kid. I was in college for graphic design in 2004/05 and a classmate told me about playing classic games on emulators. First game that popped in my mind to try was the EA NHL series. I must've done a Google search and came across this excellent site, which was just getting started at the time.

Scary to think I joined in the Spring of 2005 & only came back now. A couple weeks ago, somehow came across a ROM website and started playing old-school games again. I remembered this site when I started to play NHL '94 and holy sh*t! I've missed out on quite a bit in the past 7 years. I've been addicted to playing custom ROMs and (learning to) hacking '94 & '96 since returning. I promise myself never such a sabbatical again!

I played NHL '93/'94 on Super Nintendo & '96 on the Genesis religiously as a kid. I was in college for graphic design in 2004/05 and a classmate told me about playing classic games on emulators. First game that popped in my mind to try was the EA NHL series. I must've done a Google search and came across this excellent site, which was just getting started at the time.

Scary to think I joined in the Spring of 2005 & only came back now. A couple weeks ago, somehow came across a ROM website and started playing old-school games again. I remembered this site when I started to play NHL '94 and holy sh*t! I've missed out on quite a bit in the past 7 years. I've been addicted to playing custom ROMs and (learning to) hacking '94 & '96 since returning. I promise myself never such a sabbatical again!

Cool starry bra. Any chance you can create a website and host some stat leagues :D

Another bud from stoon...looks like we will all have to get together for a 94 tourney.

had 94 for sega, played it to death. found roms and emulators years ago and at first couldn't believe i could play all my old games again. still kinda dont believe it haha.

mame, nes, sega... found myself playing roms all the time when i was board. until i started playin online poker... then online poker got taken away 2yrs later on April 15th 2011(land of the free - my ass). found myself playin sega roms again lol

then one magical night in august, as i was opening a rom (for the millionth time): file>open rom, i noticed for the first time, right below where my mouse was, the word "NETPLAY" i was like wtf is this s**t? so i do a little exploring, i see server rooms?? and see that some people are playin SEGA in these server rooms?!?! :o

knowing nothing about netplay i just hosted nhl97 in a random room, thinkin a random dude would sit with me and play LOL. that didnt happen. but i kept trying. after a couple nights of doing that with no luck, i noticed nhl94 on the "waiting games" list, so i hopped in that room and tried to load up some NHL97, figuring i could get action from someone. well it turned out to be zalex, habs, and sebe in that room. they were like: U NEED .bin files! and no one plays 97 blah blah blah. then zalex and habs hit me up on aim and linked me to 94.com and told me to get in the ga! so i checked it out and went back to play.

sebe was my first game. finally! i was thinkin :D , over a week had past since i found the netplay feature. heres my chance to shine! sebe took it easy on me, 11-2 or something (im still trying to forget). after picking my jaw up off the desk, i joined the forum.

met alot of funny people here glad i found this. i dont play fantasy football, but i cant imagine it being as fun as having a team in the classic lg

Edited by JayLighter420

^ That's a cool story

I first found the site back in 2002-2003 (?) when we were building our own Madden online league website. I remember looking at all the custom rosters and of course the entire front page is very nostalgic from playing the game a ton back in the '90s. We eventually started killing time at work playing NHL '94 on emulators and used NHL94.com for the roms and other info. We could never get the netplay to work though through our fire walls.

After I bought a house and started setting up my own retro game room and website Retro Sports Gamer World, I decided to finally use the forum.

• 4 weeks later...