NHL'94 Forums

KINGRAPH FINALLY FALLS FROM HIS THRONE!

LA Robbie

Congratulations to Orangeblack, who's Philadelphia team inflicted the first defeat of the season on KingRaph's NY Rangers @ MSG and ended an 11 game winning run!

KingRaph was looking invincible up untill yesterday, posting basketball scores against the likes of stonecoldeap, Comeback King & ProBob, and beating a number of "A" and high level "B" players during his winning run.

He looked set to continue indefinitely, but after a hard fought win at Anaheim last night he was then taken to an OTW in Philadelphia & then another OTW in Montreal against the Russian Rocket. There was a sense KingRaph was beginning to ride his luck a little, and that a first defeat could be smelled in the air!

Sure enough, in their return game in NY Philly upset the form book with a 3-2 win! The run was over!

NY still sit comfortably at the top of the Central Division, and Philly move above Comeback's Chicago into second place - a guaranteed spot in the "A" playoffs at the end of the regular season.

Congratulations again to Orangeblack, but also congratulations to KingRaph for going on such an amazing run. With such a high level of competition in this league 11 straight is a remarkable achievement. KingRaph's laid the challenge down to the rest of the competition. Will anyone be able to top the 11 game streak before the season's out?!

I was definitely feeling lucky after my improbable win against FPB -- down 5-1, tie it up with a few seconds left, crazy OT with both teams missing scoring chances, and finishing it on a SHOOTOUT, ending after the 6th or 7th person scores. Stings that it's Philly who did it, but good games all around, well deserved win by Philly -- tough D!

Now that the marker is off of me, we can focus on someone else....like say, Dcicon (4-0)? :)

Now that the marker is off of me, we can focus on someone else....like say, Dcicon (4-0)? :)

LOL. I knew it was embarrassing you. Couldn't resist tho! haha. Part & parcel of competitive sports i'm afraid - everyone wants to talk about until you fall! lol