NHL'94 Forums

No Sound for DOS...

Rockywolf

Hi, i'm Rockywolf. I need some help with my copy of NHL Hockey 96 for the DOS. I use it with DOSBOX, but there's one problem. There's no sound. I've tried fixing it with the sound options in the game, but it still won't work. I am missing a setup.exe for the game. Can someone tell me where I can get it, or can someone upload their own so I can have it?

lol sry dude but dont think anybody here really plays nhl 96 and especially for DOS PC. This is a 94 forum. Just keep searchin the net for it or get the game off ebay or something.

You sure you have Sound Blaster set up properly in DOSbox? It probably has nothing to do with the game, but with your DOSbox setup. Have you tried any other game to see if there is sound?

I find it rude that nobody is helping me with this, as I am being polite.

Yes you guys on the NHL '94 forum that are just here to play the game, give up your spare time voluntarily and play all your games on a GENS or SNES emulator..................stop being so f'kin rude & answer my '96 PC problem!!!!!!!!!

Tool. lol

Yes you guys on the NHL '94 forum that are just here to play the game, give up your spare time voluntarily and play all your games on a GENS or SNES emulator..................stop being so f'kin rude & answer my '96 PC problem!!!!!!!!!

Tool. lol

I checked the sound files and I can't seem to find any loophole.

Also, someone explain to me why 94 was so great. It had terrible graphics, no fighting, and only the Sega CD version had something to it. I played the DOS version of NHL 94 (Called "NHL Hockey") and it had better graphics than the console versions.

96 brought in 3D graphics and took away the arcadey feel of NHL games, 97 brought in play by play, mask viewer, alternate jerseys, and 98 brought ads and sponsors on the boards.

By 99, EA had done what they needed to do for their series.

I checked the sound files and I can't seem to find any loophole.

Also, someone explain to me why 94 was so great. It had terrible graphics, no fighting, and only the Sega CD version had something to it. I played the DOS version of NHL 94 (Called "NHL Hockey") and it had better graphics than the console versions.

96 brought in 3D graphics and took away the arcadey feel of NHL games, 97 brought in play by play, mask viewer, alternate jerseys, and 98 brought ads and sponsors on the boards.

By 99, EA had done what they needed to do for their series.

If graphics are your measuring stick, then you are missing the point. Alternate jerseys??? Sponsors on the boards??? These are the things you look for in a hockey game??? ;)

Basically, it comes down to the gameplay being the most fun. Fire up your Genesis and play some games with against some buddies and you'll have a great time.

Old thread "Why 94?"

(close your eyes if you can't imagine ever playing with offsides disabled)

If graphics are your measuring stick, then you are missing the point. Alternate jerseys??? Sponsors on the boards??? These are the things you look for in a hockey game??? ;)

Basically, it comes down to the gameplay being the most fun. Fire up your Genesis and play some games with against some buddies and you'll have a great time.

Old thread "Why 94?"

(close your eyes if you can't imagine ever playing with offsides disabled)

A hockey video game isn't about jerseys or sponsors. It's about playing hockey. Or else it would be called NHL Jersey.

Why was 94 so great? It had this feel to it that no other game had. I look back when I recieved NHL 94 for Christmas in 1993. I was excited, and I have fond memories of turning on the TV, inserting the cartridge into the SNES, turning on the SNES, hearing the "EA Sports...it's in the game!", watching the pucks float in the air, and choosing Hartford vs. anybody.

Someone gave me NHL 11 as a birthday present, I put it on my PS3, but it wasn't the same. It didn't have that great feeling you have whenever you played 94 on the SNES.

Create a Team, Alternate Jerseys, Sponsors...that's not what EA Hockey games are about. One of my friends got 97 for PC when it came out and he said it wasn't fun at all, and he got bored after an hour.

Also, to answer your 96 PC problem, did you download the game online? Or do you own a NHL 96 CD-rom? Try going on eBay or Amazon, find the cheapest version of 96 you can find, wait a few days, put the CD in your PC and have fun with that.

94 was, and will always be the best. I also owned 95 and 96 for the SNES, but 94 was the ultimate favourite.

So, download a SNES emulator, find someone online, and go play.