NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 on carts?! anyone interested?

NHL on Carts  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in carts being made? If so, which...

• Gens
    • SNES
    • Not Interested

I am interested in whatever the latest SEGA version is... love playing on my real system over emulation.

PM sent, but looks like we may have missed the boat, folks. :(

Edited by aqualizard

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm still working on it, but I'm having repeated problems with Chinese chips. they keep refunding my money and sending different ones, but nothing is working, yet. I have an acquaintance with a bit more knowledge on this stuff than I have, but he's been unable to get me there with what we've got. I am trying. I will keep y'all posted if/as things change.

• Like 1

would you be willing to share the details of that or would we be ordering through you to get it done? either is fine, but if it's an existing thing at that price, I can stop trying to make it happen for slightly less and cut my losses. please inquire about the SNES ones, as I'd like to get one of each of my installments from the last five years.

whoa, that's a lot. hmm. well, would we be ordering through you or would you be putting us in touch with somebody?

Bulk orders are cheaper, but only if each cart and label is the same. It'd be better to get the community to order together for a more reasonable price point, but I could take care of a small order.

$40.00 is a lot for a game when you consider that it's 1/4 of the price of a flash cart like the Everdrive, which can contain the entire Genesis library on a 4GB, SD card.

sure, but I'm not just looking to play 2-on-2 on the hard system, I'm looking to have one for each of my end-of-season ROMs for a collection and right now I only have 2012 as a hard copy. with the 2016 one almost done, that'd probably be the one I'd order through you. 40 sure is steep!

sure, but I'm not just looking to play 2-on-2 on the hard system, I'm looking to have one for each of my end-of-season ROMs for a collection and right now I only have 2012 as a hard copy. with the 2016 one almost done, that'd probably be the one I'd order through you. 40 sure is steep!

If you have a bunch you want to do, buy an EEPROM writer, buy some EEPROMs and IC sockets, and learn how to solder. You can get an EEPROM writer for under a $100 these days.

the chips keep proving to be incompatible and the money keeps getting refunded from China, so that route has not worked, YET. I am still working on that. but, for getting one or two cartridges, the $40 is probably worth it, so I can cut my losses and stop trying to provide this same service at great effort from me, a person who has yet to succeed in this quest to produce my own cartridges. I'd love to be able to master it and offer similar items at about 60% of this cost, but I'm not sure I can beat the Genesis cost, even if those SLIGHTLY easier ones pan out.

the chips keep proving to be incompatible and the money keeps getting refunded from China, so that route has not worked, YET. I am still working on that. but, for getting one or two cartridges, the $40 is probably worth it, so I can cut my losses and stop trying to provide this same service at great effort from me, a person who has yet to succeed in this quest to produce my own cartridges. I'd love to be able to master it and offer similar items at about 60% of this cost, but I'm not sure I can beat the Genesis cost, even if those SLIGHTLY easier ones pan out.

Buy the chips from a US supplier, buy cheap old SNES games to use as donor boards, EEPROM writer. It would make sense if you wanted more than 3. Then you can make any cartridge and sell them to recoup your losses and make a profit.

well, now that my current ROM is "done," I'm pretty close to ready. US$40.00 is doable, so if we can make a plan, please let me know. I have forty ducks (quack quack), a ROM, a label image and a set of instruction booklet images.

94 Lord (and/or anyone else for that matter) I know this question is best for the SNES editing section and has no business in this thread, but I thought I may take a shot, is it possible to edit the game, so your L and R buttons can pull your goalie / put him back in? Just seems like an easier way then hitting start - pausing to game - going down to goalie and removing him (it also could be a way to throw your opponent off).

Any info would be greatly appreciated, but again, an updated roster on a physical cartridge would be AMAZING.

that actually SHOULD be possible. it wouldn't be easy, but it should be possible. I understand the limitations of what is doable and what isn't fairly well, so I feel pretty confident saying it isn't going to happen unless you beg and/or pay the right hacker -- not likely to be found here -- to tackle that. it's a neat idea that I, personally, would never choose. don't hold your breath on getting it done, but there is no reason I can come up with that would put it out of the realm of possibilities. really, just about anything is possible if you write your own code, but this shouldn't need much, if any, to accomplish... maybe a line or two, unless you want it to display as a selectable option to turn on and off, and then you are looking at just a little bit more. now, as far as tips on finding somebody to do this: I surely have none.

Edited by tru

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...