NHL'94 Forums

GENS B Playoffs CHI vs TB

kingraph

Update:

Game 5: TB 4 @ CHI 3

Game 6: CHI 5 @ TB 7

TB wins series 4-2.

Game 5 saw Roenick get injured for the game in the 1st period, which was a huge break for TB and huge loss for CHI. Game was still very close with the game winning goal being a penalty shot in the 3rd! Bradley deked back and forth, ultimately stuffing a forehand snapper past Belfour. Multiple chances for each team and TB held on as time ran out.

Game 6: Roenick came back to TB angry and quickly put up 3 goals in the first period, giving Chicago a 3-0 lead. TB called a timeout, and paid off the referees. Simultaneous penalties on Smith and Roenick gave TB a 5-3 advantage with a a few seconds left in the 1st. The start of the 2nd saw another CHI penalty. Two quick scores by TB followed, along with another CHI penalty. A fast 3rd goal, the game was tied 3-3, and everyone was out of the box. The next period and a half saw each team exchange goals back and forth, up to 4-4. TB had put in Kontos (related to

?) and went up 5-4 on a Kontos wrister. CHI pressed strong, hitting a post I believe, and the ensuing rush saw Kontos pass to Bradley for a deadly one-timer, putting TB up 6-4. The teams exchanged a pair of goals to make the final score 7-5.

Great series (the first 4 games were all super-close too, even that misleading 10-4 game 1 was 4-4 in the 3rd I believe). TB got the Roenick injury in game 5 and crooked refs in game 6 that proved to be the difference. Ggs Pearate, great season.

Toronto awaits...

Update:

Game 5: TB 4 @ CHI 3

Game 6: CHI 5 @ TB 7

TB wins series 4-2.

Game 5 saw Roenick get injured for the game in the 1st period, which was a huge break for TB and huge loss for CHI. Game was still very close with the game winning goal being a penalty shot in the 3rd! Bradley deked back and forth, ultimately stuffing a forehand snapper past Belfour. Multiple chances for each team and TB held on as time ran out.

Game 6: Roenick came back to TB angry and quickly put up 3 goals in the first period, giving Chicago a 3-0 lead. TB called a timeout, and paid off the referees. Simultaneous penalties on Smith and Roenick gave TB a 5-3 advantage with a a few seconds left in the 1st. The start of the 2nd saw another CHI penalty. Two quick scores by TB followed, along with another CHI penalty. A fast 3rd goal, the game was tied 3-3, and everyone was out of the box. The next period and a half saw each team exchange goals back and forth, up to 4-4. TB had put in Kontos (related to

?) and went up 5-4 on a Kontos wrister. CHI pressed strong, hitting a post I believe, and the ensuing rush saw Kontos pass to Bradley for a deadly one-timer, putting TB up 6-4. The teams exchanged a pair of goals to make the final score 7-5.

Great series (the first 4 games were all super-close too, even that misleading 10-4 game 1 was 4-4 in the 3rd I believe). TB got the Roenick injury in game 5 and crooked refs in game 6 that proved to be the difference. Ggs Pearate, great season.

Toronto awaits...

Some strange games in the 5 and 6, but I have nothing to say, Kingraph was the best in this series...

Good luck for the final...

Wow congrats to KingRaph. Mid-way through the season i´m not sure anyone would have predicted a TOR-TB final.

This season has confirmed KingRaph as a true A player, and getting TB to the finals just reinforces that.

& all those whiny little bitches that dropped their bad seasons, or moaned about their teams, look at what KingRaph has done. There´s absolutely no doubt either that playing this season with TB has seen him improve his game no end.

Good season Pearate too. IMO he´s an A player too anyway, so I imagine that after taking CHI in B he´s gotta be hurting after this one.

Good luck in the finals to both guys.

Wow congrats to KingRaph. Mid-way through the season i´m not sure anyone would have predicted a TOR-TB final.

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

Agreed - B has been pretty competitive.

so play-offs this season will be teams 1-8 out of both conferences instead of 1-4 of each conference?

my prediction for the finals:

TB vs TOR

Just saying.... Someone had the witts to call it lol nonetheless great playoffs and good luck to smoz and raph

Haha................but we all thought you were joking!

Ha, it was more of a random guess based on the fact it seems guys with CHI or DET in the playoffs have a tendancy to choke... With Smozoma on fire w/ a huge streak going and strong goaltending with Potvin and Raph's ability to outscore opponents with Bradley its gonna be hard to make a call on this final. Winner ? in 7.