NHL'94 Forums

Hamachi problems

RedWingDevil

The version I got for Hamachi has been freezing up lately and I'm not sure that's going to help with my connection, since I'm gonna play Classic SNES. If I download the latest version, will this problem get fixed? I've been having this problem for around 2 months now and it's getting bothersome.

Just found out it's the same shitty version I've been using and I have the same problem. That does not bode well at all.

I don't know if many use it, but an alternative would be using the Snes 9.X emulator with server capabilities, since I've seen a few of them use the Kaliera client files to play games and so I can use server play as a means to play online. If that doesn't work out or if someone can't find me using the older Hamachi versions, that means I won't be able to play on Classic and that's a problem.

That Matrix bit made me LOL a little. B)

Edited by RedWingDevil

i have a problem with hamachi. its fkn stupid and i hate it.

servers are where its at. servers are easy easy easy and u can tell when theres a desync instantly. plus theres multiple rooms to try if ur experiencing lag issues.

i dont understand why hami is the standard for classic. people say "less lag" but some games are in fast motion on one end, and theres still some lag.

anyways i cant host a game on hami on my new comp. i can join a game, but i cant host. even with the fire wall turned off. i tried everything, old version and new version of hami. i got windows 7 64bit and i run avg anti virus i tryed to set up my fire wall every way i could think of.

my windows fire wall is made up of inbound and outbound rules. i had 12 rules set up to allow everything at one point and that didnt work.[gens and hami inbound and outbound tcp/udp =4. tcp/udp inbound and outbound 27886 ports =8 (4 for gens and 4 for hami)] s**t took way to much time.

i uninstalled hami last night after 2 nights of trying to host a game. severs worked fine right outta of the gate.

ever notice hamachi problem threads are common on these boards. why? cuz it sucks. servers ftw. partyvan 173 4life mang yeeee

servers suck. sometimes they are better than p2p, but not usually. A few people seem to have connections that work better on server, but I think most people find an average p2p connection to be better than an average server connection.

If you set up port forwarding on your router, you can host without hamachi! Chicks dig guys who know how to forward their ports.

Hmmm.... apparently, if I close down or leave some networks I'm in, Hamachi will take less time to synchronize and load up and thus it doesn't get frozen.

I think we should use a common network besides those used for Classic leagues. That way, it'll be easier to find everyone instead of branching out to a lot of networks.

Edited by RedWingDevil

servers suck. sometimes they are better than p2p, but not usually. A few people seem to have connections that work better on server, but I think most people find an average p2p connection to be better than an average server connection.

If you set up port forwarding on your router, you can host without hamachi! Chicks dig guys who know how to forward their ports.

im a big stupid idiot. cant figure this out.

im running dd-wrt on my router and there are settings to forward ports, but i must be doing something wrong. really tilted from all the time i spent on this.

@redwing i think a hami network only holds 8 people or something? not sure tho.

since we're using the free hamachi, we can only get 16 people in a room

port forwarding for dd-wrt

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Port_Forwarding

find your computer's IP address with

XP: start -> run... -> cmd /k ipconfig

Windows vista/7: start -> (search for) cmd -> ipconfig

look for "IP Address" under something like "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection" or "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 3"

since we're using the free hamachi, we can only get 16 people in a room

port forwarding for dd-wrt

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Port_Forwarding

find your computer's IP address with

XP: start -> run... -> cmd /k ipconfig

Windows vista/7: start -> (search for) cmd -> ipconfig

look for "IP Address" under something like "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection" or "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 3"

couldnt get it to work. iv been spamming the s**t outta wookie, kupuck, and minpin too i feel bad.

every night its the same thing

me: "can u try and connect to this hami game i have up"

them: "sure ...not working"

me: hjdgsfkeduyctgoeqwrntvocw84vtc "ok how about now"

them: "nope"

me:"fml"

i tried port forwarding and port range forwarding, w/ my ip, my default gateway and my ipv4 address and i turned my fire wall completely off. still gettin ugats

couldnt get it to work. iv been spamming the s**t outta wookie, kupuck, and minpin too i feel bad.

every night its the same thing

me: "can u try and connect to this hami game i have up"

them: "sure ...not working"

me: hjdgsfkeduyctgoeqwrntvocw84vtc "ok how about now"

them: "nope"

me:"fml"

i tried port forwarding and port range forwarding, w/ my ip, my default gateway and my ipv4 address and i turned my fire wall completely off. still gettin ugats

Once you've forwarded your ports, you don't need hamachi (for hosting), that's the great thing about forwarding your ports.

So with the p2p port forwarded (port 27886 TCP and UDP forwarded to the local IP address of your computer (something like 192.168.1.100)), you give them the external IP address of your computer/network (which you can find by going to http://whatismyipaddress.com/), and they try to connect to that.

What hamachi does is put you and the other computer on the same simulated local network, bypassing the router's security. that's a security problem. that's why people should just forward the 27886 port instead of relying on hamachi.

(or hamachi should have an 'approved port' list or something like that)

Does this also work for ZNES and all? I'm seriously considering these three options:

- Try port forwarding like Smoz showed us.

- Use an SNEX 9x emulator with Kaliera client (Yes, it does exist)

- Go for an older version of Hamachi and ask the others to try it. I think guys don't find me on Hamachi because they use the newer versions and so it's possible that the versions aren't compatible in-between users.

I'm on Classic SNES, the SDL draft is on and not being able to play because of Hamachi problems is just a bit pile of bullshit.

Hmmm.... apparently, if I close down or leave some networks I'm in, Hamachi will take less time to synchronize and load up and thus it doesn't get frozen.

I think we should use a common network besides those used for Classic leagues. That way, it'll be easier to find everyone instead of branching out to a lot of networks.

It's a good idea to keep your number of hamachi networks down just from a security standpoint. The more people who are online on your hamachi, the more more likely it is that one of them will have some kind of computer virus/worm that can infect your computer (since hamachi removes a layer of network security).

Also, you should 'power off' (disconnect) hamachi or completely close the hamachi program when you're not playing.

My port is 7845. It always worked.

I don't understand what you mean. It's always worked on Hamachi? That's expected.

If you want to connect directly without a server(kaillera server) and without hamachi, then as far as I know you need to forward the port in your router.

Ports that need to be forwarded:

Gens - 27886 TCP and UDP

ZSNES - 7845 TCP and UDP

If you are doing port forwarding on your router, it helps to assign your computer a STATIC IP address. This can be done through your router settings (normally you can set to something like 192.168.0.100 or something).

When port forwarding, your router allows the ports that you forward to only be forwarded for a certain IP address. This is for security purposes. The ports will only be open for that IP address.

THere's another thing I can do at this time... I'm going to totally dump Vista and go for Windows XP. I had enough with its garbage and I'll have it done during this week, so if you guys can be patient during this 1st week on Classic, my problems should be fixed when I get back to XP, hopefully.

I'l let you guys know how things stand soon enough. This would be a craptacular reason not being able to play.

Edited by RedWingDevil

You know what, to hell with the newer Hamachi versions. I'm sticking with the older ones because they actually work, so now I'm back for real.

And just to show you I mean it, I'm okay of being refered to as Tacoman. I'm rezzing this thang.