NHL'94 Forums

Player Rating 12th Digit and Handedness (8th).

wboy

Now before I start, I will admit I've found this out by using 93, not 94, but as the order of ranking attributes between the two versions appear the same, I am certain this info is also valid to 94.

So whats to report.... well I as doing a few edits and comparing the on screen ratings just to confirm the column order of ratings etc.

I was interested to find the way the fighting ranking was different percentages to all others.

Looking into it further has allowed me to find that the Handedness column also stores the supposed fighting rating of a player.

Hex 0 = Righty, 1 = Lefty, Fighting rating = 0

Hex 2 = Righty, 3 = Lefty, Fighting rating = 14

Hex 4 = Righty, 5 = Lefty, Fighting rating = 28

Hex 6 = Righty, 7 = Lefty, Fighting rating = 42

Hex 8 = Righty, 9 = Lefty, Fighting rating = 57

Hex A = Righty, B= Lefty, Fighting rating = 71

Hex C = Righty, D = Lefty, Fighting rating = 85

Hex E = Righty, F = Lefty, Fighting rating = 100

With this, that left the 12th digit not accounted for, being the one item that doesn't show onscreen in 93 (and possibly 94?).

After a bit of fooling around, Its appears to be Toughness... or should I say Crunch factor. WIth a team of 140lbs plebs and F set for the 12 digit (use 6 for 94), I managed to put 3 oppositions puck carriers out of the period in with three minutes of game time (with oncoming clean hits). So I reset to start a new game.. and within the first minute of game time, I again crunched the opposing puck carrier out for the period.

Interestingly, when I increased my players weights, it became harder to line up opposing players up as I lost some of the agility I had with my big hitting jockey sized players.

EDIT: Sorry, just found out that 93 (like 95) uses even numbers for RIght, odd for Left (as shown above), where 94 is switched around... even for left, odd for right.. why.... who really knows other than EA.... :)

Great work as always, Wboy.

It is very strange that they switched the lefty-righty numbers back and forth. This knowledge that the handedness column affects the fighting abilities will hopefully be useful when we add fighting back into '94. :)

• 11 years later...
On 9/9/2005 at 8:56 PM, wboy said:

With this, that left the 12th digit not accounted for, being the one item that doesn't show onscreen in 93 (and possibly 94?).

After a bit of fooling around, Its appears to be Toughness... or should I say Crunch factor. WIth a team of 140lbs plebs and F set for the 12 digit (use 6 for 94), I managed to put 3 oppositions puck carriers out of the period in with three minutes of game time (with oncoming clean hits). So I reset to start a new game.. and within the first minute of game time, I again crunched the opposing puck carrier out for the period.

Interestingly, when I increased my players weights, it became harder to line up opposing players up as I lost some of the agility I had with my big hitting jockey sized players.

It's almost been 12 years, so I'm bumping this thread, lol.  Honestly, though, this is something interesting.  wboy suggests in here that the "Aggression"  (wboys attribute name) attribute is related to the ability to injure another player, with more success at greater differences in weight.   Need to test this out again, I thought this was intriguing.  

• Like 1