NHL'94 Forums

Crease Cuts

If you're coming from GENS to SNES, and you've ever played a game against Carse you know all about the crease cut. Of course you start going across, preferably on the forehand, and wind up for a big slapper right around the middle, goalie goes down like he's been shot, and BOOM you score on the opposite side.

Well, in SNES this rarely works. Occasionally you can score on a big slapper, but like I said, it's very rare. The way you score on a crease cut on SNES is with a quick wrister. You also want to be closer to the goalie to accomplish this. What you want to do is dangle the puck out in front of you, then quickly zip it past the goalie.

Feel free to post your thoughts :)

• 8 months later...

I invented the move where you set up for the cross-crease, wait for your opponent to take control of the goalie, and then stop and flip the puck into the now-unguarded near side of the goal instead.

INVENTED DO YOU HEAR ME???

the crease cut is a great move. sneak that puck in. reverse and put in short side (patented by tickenest), or double reverse(cut, turn 180, then turn 180 again and boom!)

there is a lot that you can do with dancing in the crease on the SNES.

stickhandling with ease, waiting for the netminder to do that jumping up and forward flop move, hoping the defenders are off on vacation... Joe Mullen!... Trevor Linden!... do that thing.