NHL'94 Forums

Gamepads not working in Gens or Snes

BillSmith2012

Hi, I'm new to this site but loved playing Sega NHL 94 in college. In fact, it seemed like that was all anybody did in my dorm! Anyway, I downloaded all three Gens Emulators (Gens Emulator v. 2.14, Gens Plus! Emulator v. 0.0.3.39, and Gens32 v. 1.62 Emulator by Dark Dancer) and tried to play the Original NHL94.bin File (Genesis) on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I'm using generic and unbranded USB gamepads that I bought in India. They work fine for all videos games that I've played so far (EA Sports, etc.), but they do not work with these NHL 94 games. I've tried changing ports and adjusting the gamepad settings in the games, but nothing worked. I also downloaded the Snes version, as well as the .rar files, but I had the same problem with the Snes, and the ISO from the .rar file would start to load and then a green equal sign would come on a black screen and then seem to get frozen there. Could it be that my gamepads are simply incompatible with these games? On a complete side note, I think it sucks that EA sports stopped making NHL for the pc in 2009, but I'm wondering if it is possible to do one touch shooting in the "arcade controls" option in 2009. I think that option took one back to the simpler 1994 controls, or something like that. In 2008, the way to shoot the puck was to use the second stick control (no button) and it seemed to take away one touch shooting, which is one of the best things about the game, in my humble opinion. I thought it might be possible in the 2009 arcade controls option, but my official EA NHL 2009 download stopped working shortly after downloading it, lol. EA sports tried to help me but to no avail. I have to download an illegal copy soon. Keep up the good work admins and have fun everybody.

When you go to "options" --> "joypads" --> "redefine keys" for your 1st controller, are you able to map the input keys to your joypad (i.e. when GENS says INPUT KEY FOR UP, can you press up on your joypad and it registers?)

Welcome to the site Bill! I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

However, congratulations on your 4 cups in long island!

p-92749-billy-smith-autographed-hand-signed-8x10-photo-new-york-islanders-aw-5660.jpg

You are the one and only...correct?

try downloading xpadder http://xpadder.en.softonic.com/

kind of hard to explain, it maps keyboard controls to your controller. so its like you're using your keyboard but controlling it with your controller.

so if 94 can't read your keyboard than something sgjksdgksdfksdfksdfksdfsdf is going on