NHL'94 Forums

Editing NHL 94 (gens) to replace a team. How doable for a n00b ?

Hi guys. I used to play the original NHL (or at least whichever one was country teams instead of NHL teams) when I was a kid with my brother on the Megadrive. I've since played NHL 94 on and off for nearly 20 years :)

Lately I downloaded the NHL 94 Olympics rom (country teams in 94) and am loving it. I'd love to add Ireland (into the roster of teams in place of a team). How doable is this ?

I've downloaded NOSE but CANNOT for the life of me get it to run on my PC (WIn 7 64 bit) even though I've followed several threads and done everything suggested). It just pops up the message "NOSE has stopped working". I've run EARE and guess I can change all the squad members to Irish players with this but not sure I can do much more.

So I'd have to ...

> change a current team (was thinking China as they are closest to us in the current rankings) to Ireland (team name and rosters).

> edit the team banner ?

> edit the team jerseys

Is this something that's doable ? Would I need to get NOSE working ?

Any suggestions on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian.

Hello,

You have to get NOSE working. It is amazing and has worked flawlessly for me.

With it you can easily change team names and jerseys.

Banners? No.

That requires TLP or some other graphic editor which I have been unable to figure out.

Good Luck.

Editing banners is the only thing I care about doing that NOSE does not do.

I am sure more help will arrive shortly. The guys on here are great.

Get going and have fun.

I'm using the NHL 94 Olympics rom.

Right. Third time lucky. It worked on the 3rd choice .. the laptop.

So I edited the Italy banner (shows up in playoff tree) to Ireland in Tile Molester. I can use EARE to change the players etc...

I've edited the Italy uniform to Irish colors in NOSE.

As it stands it works pretty good because the Italian flag is quite similar to ours.

However, I'd love to edit it correctly but for the life of me I cannot find the flags in Tile Molester.

I can find the first team (Austria) using the Tile Molester screenshots guide but the palette seems to not allow green/white/gold. I don't know really how to use the editor :(

Edited by brianon

w00t. I (with allot of crossed fingers and blind luck) managed to get all the Italian logos and banners changed over to green, white and gold :D

Just have to edit the Itialian squad names and i'm 100% done. Looks great (to me) as is. Thanks guys. Looking forward to playing now :D

ah, good to see another EA HOCKY-ier around these parts!!

when did you start paying the second best ice hockey game EVER :red_heart: i started as soon as it came out .....

and someone else crazed enough to do a national team rom ..... although not like mine, as everyone should know on here BY NOW!!!

get them HERE and see my fabulous team banners HERE (only NHLPA93, as the stats are much wider in number)

also the colours of the republic of ireland team

post-1215-0-38180900-1342731859_thumb.pn

Edited by jenzie

oh and have this too ..... cannae remember who did it so i can give him credit ..... i'll probably remember next month or something stupid like that, or come across it in a minute ..... i'm rambling .....

a VERY GOOD reference to where you find graphics in NHL94! (tmr30v1.0)

also a player card i did to test it out ..... dunno if he is some hockey player or not :lol:

post-1215-1192407266_thumb.jpg

tmr30v1.0.zip

Hi guys. I used to play the original NHL (or at least whichever one was country teams instead of NHL teams) when I was a kid with my brother on the Megadrive. I've since played NHL 94 on and off for nearly 20 years :)

Lately I downloaded the NHL 94 Olympics rom (country teams in 94) and am loving it. I'd love to add Ireland (into the roster of teams in place of a team). How doable is this ?

I've downloaded NOSE but CANNOT for the life of me get it to run on my PC (WIn 7 64 bit%h œ€úÿÿ æC¤}€ÿÿ$Ô½›üæºó“¿E™\t@€À¨JÐVÀÎmP¨–SKP@)cÇng suggested). It just pops up the message "NOSE has stopped working". I've run EARE and guess I can change all the squad members to Irish players with this but not sure I can do much more.

So I'd have to ...

> change a current team (was thinking China as they are closest to us in the current rankings) to Ireland (team name and rosters).

> edit the team banner ?

> edit the team jerseys

Is this something that's doable ? Would I need to get NOSE working ?

Any suggestions on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian.

For use NOSE on Win 7 64, you need to load the application as Administrator...