NHL'94 Forums

breaking the glass

streetsofrage

Iafrate is as good a bet as anyone in '94... I'm not sure about '93.

Also, I think you need to be shooting 'up' as opposed to 'down' (meaning that if you're the home team, the first and third periods).

There may be a "hot spot" around the blue line, but I really don't know.

Edited by da94wookiee

Shooting up is a good tip. I can't recall it ever breaking at the bottom of the screen?

I've broken the glass on super slow lob shots from the far end of the rink.. I don't know if shot power has much to do with it.

Maybe you have to shoot from near a blueline for it to happen.

very slow shots have broken it, too? that's new to me. you do have to be shooting upward and you have to hit one of the few breakable panels near the top of said panel. I do not have an image handy, but if/when I find one, I'll post it.

edit: SNES '94. I imagine that Genesis '93 is all but exactly the same as pertaining to this one issue.

Edited by trudatman

I just recenty broke the glass when the puck was tipped from my stick, bounced off the top of the net and then broke the glass. Lol. I have the savestate, so ill upload the video when I get a moment.

I've seen this, too. Shot power has little to do with breaking the glass.

Shooting up is a good tip. I can't recall it ever breaking at the bottom of the screen?

I've broken the glass on super slow lob shots from the far end of the rink.. I don't know if shot power has much to do with it.

Maybe you have to shoot from near a blueline for it to happen.

I've definitely seen the glass break at the bottom of the screen

Edited by beavers33

really? I was just going to ask if it can seen in the Genesis reverse angle replay. possible going down, eh? well, then....

I want to say that I don't believe you, but that's not fair. I bet folks don't believe me when I say you can knock guys over in the side view.

mmm. not broken going down (in the reverse angle), but also glitchy-looking breakage, going up. is the glitchiness from a hacking snafu?

Like people have said, it really doesn't matter how hard you shoot it, just that it hits the glass in the right spot. Kin Graph's video is good because it shows it in slow motion. That's why Kin is the best Graph around. He should be crowned king.

Oh, and I think Iafrate is good at breaking the glass because his accuracy is so bad so the shot is always wild, so it hits the top of the glass more often than other people who hit the net more often than not.