NHL'94 Forums

Gens question (window resize)

I don't normally play genesis games, as I'm more of an SNES/NES guy, but there's one game that requires gens that is a fave of mine, and one of which I'm heavily involved in a hacking project similar to the ones you guys do here for NHL. That game is CoachK (some of you helped us get off the ground with checksum stuff a few years ago, so thanks for that!)

One thing that annoys me is that anytime I click out of gens, change a setting, etc, the window resizes back to the small default size. Normally when playing it's not a big deal, but when editing/testing, you can see how I'd click off a lot to change things and modify it in the editor.

1.) Is there any way to stop the resizing from happening?

2.) Is there a way to double the size of the emu window or even triple it without manual resizing? In Nestopia you can do alt-4 and it opens it pretty big and maintains the aspect ratio. In gens, I have to guess and eyball it

I'm using 2.14 (downloaded from here). I apologize if this has been asked before...

That def. doubled the size, but it's not nearly big enough, especially on my 24" monitor. And, if I make it bigger and click off or change an option, it still drops back down to the doubled size.

I wonder if this is just something I'll have to live with...

I'll try that out. Thanks.

Does that support online play as well? I see the main page on nhl94.com has 2.14 as the download.

Yes, we use the netplaysave for league games that have stats since it also allows you to take a savestate during online play. That savestate is used to extract all sorts of stats for the game.