NHL'94 Forums

GDL 9 - Trade Discussion Thread

DaDonch44

Allow Top 10 Pick to be Traded?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should any and all picks be allowed to be traded?

• Yes, open the flood gates.
    • No, keep the Top 10 picks locked from being traded.

Trades can be posted here. A committee of swos, Icestorm, VC and myself will decide whether or not trades are fair. Everyone is permitted to make as many trades as they want. I'll lift the Hokkee Rule, on good faith he can keep it down.

Ok, I opened a poll to see how you guys vote on the Top 10 Picks being locked.

Edited by DaDonch44
Added Top 10 Picks Poll

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This top10 pick rule is retarded.

This rule was made in order to not give skilled coach the best players of the draft. But with all the new coaches (starting at the end of the draft), skilled coaches are in the top10.

No bragging, but I am a skilled A player and I know what I am doing.

I want to trade my 1.9 pick for a lower first so I can get better picks in the later rounds. But I can't.

This rule was made in order to not give skilled coach the best players of the draft. But with all the new coaches (starting at the end of the draft), skilled coaches are in the top10.

I want to trade my 1.9 pick for a lower first so I can get better picks in the later rounds. But I can't.

i agree. top 10 limit seems excessive....

Icestorm comments :

Icestorm 1:55 pm

It's meant to help noobs but all vets in top 10 lolololol

Retarded rule

This is BSSSSS

Now two of the 4 players in the committee are against the rule. I say let people trade and the committee can void any unfair deals.

Dick

Zalex gets Picks 1.19 (19), 2.6 (30), 3.19 (67) FROM kupuck19 for Picks 1.9 (9), 2.16 (40), 4.16 (88).

Confirmed by both me and Kupuck.

kupucknhl94 2:39 pm

anus official

no bud... not this again! if you think of the fact that the players at the start of the draft are more spread out in terms of quality (like the edge of a bell curve), then trading 1sts and 2nds is a terrible idea because gaining say 10 spots in the first round is WAY more valuable than gaining 10 spots in the second round. You could probably not make the trade and still get the same guy in the 2nd round as if you'd made the trade.

A quick look at my GDL history spreadsheet... guys who on average go from 25th-48th, looking at the past 3 season, taking their lowest draft spot and subtracting their highest draft spot, the average difference is 12.1 spots! So dropping 10 spots in the 1st round to move up 10 spots in the 2nd round is just dumb. It's only a good move in later rounds, when you decide the best guys still available aren't that interesting to you.

A quick look at my GDL history spreadsheet... guys who on average go from 25th-48th, looking at the past 3 season, taking their lowest draft spot and subtracting their highest draft spot, the average difference is 12.1 spots! So dropping 10 spots in the 1st round to move up 10 spots in the 2nd round is just dumb. It's only a good move in later rounds, when you decide the best guys still available aren't that interesting to you.

Nice!

Klima's more valuable to me then bure In blitz

Seconded, only with Mogilny in my case.