NHL'94 Forums

GDL '93 - Rule Discussion

DaDonch44

For those of you familiar with the original GDL for '94.

I figured keeping a very similar structure with this league (If it's not broke, don't fix it).

- 12 Man Rosters (2 G, 6 F, 4 D)

- 56 Game Schedule

- Top 8 from Each Conference make playoffs.

*If we only get around 16 teams, could either do Top 4 or everyone makes it.

- 5 Minute Periods

- Penalties On, No Off-Sides

- All Penalties, Reduced to ONE (1) Minute. (Including Fighting).

- Fight timer increased from 40 to 60 seconds.

- At least Two Bruisers (Fight Rating of 10+) required per team.

*Maybe have a requirement of at least 1 in Starting Lineup.

- NHL Teams Allowed (Past and Present)

Other things to consider:

- Weight bug fix (yes or no)

- Conference Names

- Division Names

- Freydey/dcicon (GM mode)

If I'm leaving anything out, please let me know. If we need to create some polls on these topics, I'm all for a democratic process.

I'm in the process of transitioning the sites over to a free hosting site (to get them off my computer). But since we are getting serious interest, I'm getting closer to dusting off the lotto tumbler.

Main League Site:

http://gdl93.herobo.com

Draft Site:

http://gdl93.herobo.com/Draft

Looks great.. I think weight-bug fix is a must, especially if we are required to have a bruiser in your starting line-up.

I also have no problem with a GM/coach, if anything, there will be more accountability to get games played.

Awesome!

I don't like the mandatory bruiser in the starting lineup idea. If I'm down a goal in the 3rd, am I not allowed to sub him out? Too difficult to enforce this rule. Also, don't have everyone make the playoffs...makes the regular season a little less interesting, imo.

I vote weight bug fixed. :)

Anyway, those are my two cents. Your hard work in getting this league going is very much appreciated Donch! Thank you for doing this!

Ya i think we should have freedom of drafting, I don't really care about fighting so I'd rather have a better player instead. Regular season needs to matter so I don't think everyone should make playoffs. Idc about weight fix or not. Great idea with 1 min penalties

Ya i think we should have freedom of drafting, I don't really care about fighting so I'd rather have a better player instead. Regular season needs to matter so I don't think everyone should make playoffs. Idc about weight fix or not. Great idea with 1 min penalties

I will 2nd all of these.

With regards to forwards, what about enforcing what the player's actual position was? That way a team cannot have a top line of three centers.

I think youll find its very hard to draft three top line anything. I'm sure the first draft will be very interesting. But things hopefully will be thinned out perfectly.

I think youll find its very hard to draft three top line anything. I'm sure the first draft will be very interesting. But things hopefully will be thinned out perfectly.

about that will it be a snake draft or something else?