NHL'94 Forums

Blimp View Instant Replay?

I was just thinking it would be awesome to have an instant replay that showed the entire ice, like this:

2wncpph.jpg

I think there are 2 ways this can be done:

1. Record an instant replay 3 times (you can get most of the ice in 3 sections) and splice the videos together using a video editing program.

2. Hack the game to "zoom out" the camera during instant replay. If that's even possible.

I'll try splicing the 3 videos into 1 first. Anyone have software recommendations?

And if anyone has ever tried any hacks with the instant replay (length, camera angle, etc) let me know.

Using a trial of Cyberlink PowerDirector11. Crude, could easily spend some time smoothing this out, but it wanted to see if it works.

I don't think that I can ever change the size though...wish I didn't have to shrink the whole screen to get 3 shots in at once. Would also want to hack out those blue arrows. ;)

This is awesome! I love that defenseman on the Rangers who is standing right next to his own goalie. I want to draft that guy!

lol, it's either Leetch or Patrick

pretty cool

there's no zoom on the camera.. it's bitmap graphics, a pixel is a pixel

Thanks, makes sense now.

• 2 weeks later...

in sensible world of soccer (swos) the replay length was hacked to be so long that it covered the whole match.

I have started trying to hack the replay length for '94, but to no avail so far. I even reached out to Tony H, the guy who wrote that first hacking tutorial, and he was nice enough to take a look and give me a few pointers.

It's my first attempt at any hack, so nobody hold their breath, lol. It's been fun trying so far!

• 1 month later...

kingraph, any success so far? I have been trying to figure this out too with NHL95PC...

Not really...the only thing I can really tell you is I don't think there is any instant replay "counter", like a 20 second clock that runs when doing instant replay. That was what much of my attention was focused on in the beginning. I figured if I can find the clock, maybe find the code that sets the clock maximum, etc...but no luck. So far!

Not really...the only thing I can really tell you is I don't think there is any instant replay "counter", like a 20 second clock that runs when doing instant replay. That was what much of my attention was focused on in the beginning. I figured if I can find the clock, maybe find the code that sets the clock maximum, etc...but no luck. So far!

I think it'll be a a memory range, and it'll keep track of where in the memory range it is. if it reaches the end, it'll loop back and start overwriting the beginning. Just a guess, though.

• 3 years later...

....it's either Leetch or Patrick....

then it must be Patrick, the stay-at-home defender. (Leetch was an offensively-minded defenseman.)