NHL'94 Forums

Follow Segathon NHL 95 Tourney on Twitter

segathon

Going to try to post pics and updates of the shenanigans of our NHL 95 Tourney this Saturday. We'll see how many I'll do once my whistle gets wet but anyways here is my twitter handle

https://twitter.com/segathon

• 1 year later...

Having our tourney again this year on Friday. Follow updates on https://twitter.com/segathon

Doing Madison Rules this year for team selection should add some strategy to the games(we added a drinking twist to it). See Below

1. Team Selection & Dice Roll: Players will both roll 1 di before each game. The dice winner will choose the match-up (i.e. the two teams). The dice loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or
( B) his preferred controller(going up or down on the screen). If the dice loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team from the match-up.

2. “One Match-up Once” Rule: The dice winner can only select a particular match-up once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Detroit vs Chicago, Player A cannot call that exact match-up for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that match-up later in the tournament.

3. In the event of a dice tie, players will drink, person who continually drinks the longest gets to pick the match up.

Here's a few Strategy tips:

Playing a ringer? Pick two crappy teams and stink your way to an upset win

Playing some cannon fodder? Pick an uneven matchup that you know you will still win at.

Don't know which team? Pick the Good side (Team 2 that goes UP for two periods)

Playing a guy who likes one timers? Pick two teams with no one-timer guy.

Fun times, the "Madison Rules" where you call the match up and the other player chooses which team was pretty fun and I think will be kept for future tourneys.

Before the rule, a lot of guys used the Blackhawks and Wings exclusively in the tourney. But with the match-up calling people stayed away from calling the top teams, it was a lot of mediocre match ups called, but turned out to be some pretty fun games. You have to play different when using San Jose instead of Chicago.

Awesome tourney bud. My flight was delayed and couldn't make it.

Is there a wrap of this event somewhere?is there chart showing the scores?

Yup, I'll post it here when Its done.

The guy that wins like 75% of these things won it again. Drinking makes him stronger.