NHL'94 Forums

Tunngle may be better option than hamachi

There is a app similar to hamachi out there called Tunngle. First of all it lets you play tons of games, especially older games where there is no longer a master server, by joining that game's "network", and it acts as a VPN.

However, you can also make your own gaming network and get your own Tunggle IP when you join a private network.

This program seems to much more simple than Hamachi, and assuming it works okay, it may be more compatible and easier to configure.

Unlike Hamachi, Tunngle is specifically for gaming. Everybody should check it out

http://www.tunngle.net/index.php?l=en

I only use it to play Star Wars Battlefront since the servers went down, but now I would like to try it for Madden and NHL.

• 1 month later...

A few VPN clients have been tried:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14121-all-classic-coaches-please-read-hamachi-issues/#entry115774

..but it was decided that for the community (leagues), it was best to find a simple and broad solution.

That said, if two coaches agree to play on different software (Hamachi/Tunggle/Comodo/Gens/Fusion) - the final score is all that matters.

However, you can also make your own gaming network and get your own Tunggle IP when you join a private network.

im not sure how to comprehend that. can you explain it to me?

When you log into Tunngle, it gives you an IP address. There are pre-configured public networks for popular multiplayer games, for example Star Wars Battlefront, which I play. When you join a specific network, you are connected to all the people who are in it at that moment. So when I go to "LAN" play on SWBF, it loads all the servers from that network, and I can join and play with others.

Any person can create their "own" private network on Tunngle, just like Hamachi. Once you join, you can game with that person, and you host and join games using the Tunngle IP address.

It is overall similar to Hamachi. If you want to know more just go to tunngle.net

It is a fairly new program, so perhaps it works smoother than it used, as referenced in that thread from last year. I am looking forward to trying some Sega Genesis netplay over it.

When you log into Tunngle, it gives you an IP address. There are pre-configured public networks for popular multiplayer games, for example Star Wars Battlefront, which I play. When you join a specific network, you are connected to all the people who are in it at that moment. So when I go to "LAN" play on SWBF, it loads all the servers from that network, and I can join and play with others.

Any person can create their "own" private network on Tunngle, just like Hamachi. Once you join, you can game with that person, and you host and join games using the Tunngle IP address.

It is overall similar to Hamachi. If you want to know more just go to tunngle.net

It is a fairly new program, so perhaps it works smoother than it used, as referenced in that thread from last year. I am looking forward to trying some Sega Genesis netplay over it.

oh ok thanks for clearing it up