NHL'94 Forums

How'd You get your name

Brutus

My Great-Grandfather was named Walter John, my Grandfather was named Walter John, my father was named Walter John and I am named Walter John. None of my daughters are named Walter John. I'm not like some of you recent poor folk. I'm from snooty 'old poor'.

XC - cross country ran in high school/college/still waste time doing it

1030 -bday

Relatively standard!! Just thought I'd keep my user ID in line with the screen name I already had.

Not on par with some on here, there are some classics

Royameadow was actually the name that I had come up with for my Variety group back in October of I999, when I was thinking of creating an entertainment team for rising to popularity and prosperity in the state of Massachusetts.

I was not even 04 at the time, but my level of ability and intellectual skills were more than able to allow me to create a concept for what would be a group delivering entertainment over the past 0I5+ years, at the time of this post; since I have still yet to deliver a full~on documentary about Royameadow, here be a brief description about it.

Royameadow was run by our own set of Original Six Head and Co~Head Administrators in what I will call Home Base (I996) in Mattapan, a major portion of the city of Boston, Massachusetts, with me having been the only person to have run the show for all of its pre~launch and post~launch times in Generation 0I from October of I999 to September 03 of 2007, and we would basically work on artwork, music, videos, game concepts, and even dancing and acting during Original Generation 0I.

When my Original Six had to split for Grade VII in August, I was left coming back to Lynn, Massachusetts, so Neo Generation 0I had come to be from September 04 of 2007 to June 030 of 2009, which as of this year, has five people running it, myself still being the Top Head Administrator; we had expanded the group further in our offline life and increased our member count from school to school, resulting in over 6000 members in the team from Original and Neo Generation 0I combined, and we were able to do over 060 types of material at the time, a critical success for young prodigies making it their way through Elementary and Junior High in the 200X decade.

Generation II was created on July 0I of 2009, and Generation III was created on October 02 of 20I2, but Generation II had ran up to June 030 of 20I3 and Generation III was officially launched on August 025 of 20I3, respectively.

Generation II was the group's rise into the online world, although I had been in the Sonic Hacking scene prior to that, beginning as early as July 05 of 2006; Gen II was also the utmost political of the bunch, as the 4000+ new members of the group were having a falling out with the Senior High schools in Lynn, which had caused us to question and create campaigns to overhaul the town's system with the way that it handles both politics and ways to create a liberated academic environment without controversy; the 04 year generation was considered to be a universal success both locally and internationally, as we had gotten recognition as individuals (and occasionally as teams) for our content and campaigns, it had also given me hope that Generation III would thrive and prosper as a result of the changes to our society and the success that we had created here.

Generation III is a 07+ year generation, of which will officially end the Generational Trilogy at the end of New Years Evening of 20I9.

This is the generation that will reconstruct the group as a whole, as a lot of the Generation 0I and II units and divisions had to be either discontinued, archived, overhauled, or merged into other groups and divisions to balance out anything that Generation III will be offering; it is also the first generation to fully have the team go under the name Royameadow and Co., due to the mergers with teams of yesteryear and modern day, and is also the first generation to rebrand my primary sister Variety group Rokkumeadow under the new name of Royameadow International, dedicated to be presenting the content that comes from my members in the areas of Africa, West Asia, Oceania, and (if absolutely necessary) Antarctica.

Our hardware is also outdated, as we are not all running on computers with intel Xeon E03 to E07 with high amounts of HDD space and RAM just (only a few Generation II members are using Personal Supercomputers right now), so Generation III was made with a technological overhaul in mind as well.

We estimate that at least 087% of our now I2000+ member team will have upgraded to Personal Supercomputer quality hardware, but it is still a debatable topic; In the event that it happens though, the group will become far more productive in entertainment, journalism, scientific research, and content creation, among the other now 0200+ categories and sub~categories that we specialize in.

And that is basically the jist of it, I would say, I have been using Royameadow as the primary name of my Variety group since I999, but not as a legitimate onlne username until the end of the group's Year 0II cycle, sometime in October of 20I0.

Although not truly popular in the online world (yet, even though members have been online for at least the past 0I4 to 0I5 years), given that its popularity thrives in offline works, it is still one of the greatest successes of a Variety group that the state of Massachusetts has viewed amongst young men and women in the past 02 decades; I am utmost fortunate that I am able to still run the group as the Top Head Administrator during Generation III and Generational Trilogy, and to be truthful, I am happy that I could share this worthwhile information with the NHL gaming and hacking scene, having grown up with NHL '94 since 200I, it was only a matter of time before I would join the scene; I am completely fortunate to admit that Royameadow's existence within the scene has been a worthwhile one, over the past 03 months and change, another forum that is worthwhile to have my group's name reside with. (:

No one knows mine. I kind of like secrets though. I will say my name is a mistake but decided to keep it anyway.

you really wanted Uncle Daddy and you are actually Martin Brodeur?

Great thread...I've wondered about a few names (yours being one of them) from time to time. Here's my story:

When I first got AOL waaaaaay back like 15+ years ago (back when people thought AOL WAS the Internet), one of the first steps to installation was "create a screenname". I thought about it for like 10 seconds and came up with KingRaph. Little did I know that would stick around with me whenever I needed a username for the rest of my life!

I used that name when I signed up on the forums, but it wasn't until 2-3 years later that I reset my AIM password for kingraph and was surprised that it still worked! I hadn't used it in like a decade! Was a mind trip to see all my old AIM contacts (none of whom were online, lol).

Category: Lame

It took me awhile to realize that your name is Kingraph rather than King Ralph:

• 10 months later...

well came up with kgman as a kid saving record high scores on commodore64 summer games couldn't fit my whole name so kg my intials then man buy its come to represent a cagey and other things lol Halifax thought I was Russian kgb lol

Funny story - I just used my first name because I didn't think this forum would really go anywhere when we created it :)

My aim screen name (goldparalax) is a term I came up with in high school during the AOL/AIM days and is always available on sites for usernames (especially since the parallax part is spelled wrong!).

I don't remember. it was the nineties. there can't be much to it. "yes," I guess. Digital Audio Tape may have played in to it. something.

the shorter version is easier, but cheesier.

• 1 year later...

Would love some of the new guys to update this thread with how they got their forum names.

Update on my name.  I originally mentioned Brutus was an old D&D name of mine, but HOW it got combined with Khan went like so...

When my ex was pregnant with my oldest son, she had some really odd, queer names she was dead set on, none of which I was going to have my boy wearing.

She refused to negotiate and pick a name we both liked.  So, in an argument one day, I said, F-it.  I want to name my kid Ghenghis Khan.  She laughed, not taking my name threat serious.  Said it sounded like a venereal disease, even if it once belonged to a ruthless leader.  So, I countered with, "Ok, then I want Brutus Khan!"

She could instantly see the light in my eyes, and how much I liked this name.  Suddenly, agreeing on a name was no longer important to me.  I had something to TORMENT her with! (Yeah, I know I'm sick in the head.)  Every time for the next 3 months it came up, I would boom out, "BRUTUS KHAN", and leave the room followed by screams of torment.

At the end, she ends up having to be put under for a C section, emergency delivery, kid's lucky to come out alive ordeals.  She is still out hours later, and I'm holding my son with the mother-in-law sitting across the hospital room.  In walks the nurse with the birth certificate, and asks me to fill it out.  As I'm putting the ink from the pen onto the paper, I look up across the room with a devilish smile at my mother-in-law, who is all to aware of my arguments with her daughter.   She let's out a blood curdling "NOOOOOO!" and flies across the room, only to find out I'm not as sick in the head as I was leading on to be.

Needless to say, from that day forward, everything I logged into became Brutus Khan.

• Like 2

I feel like zeppelin55 is pretty obviously an old AOL name from 1996. It is the band and 55 which I think was my jersey number at the time. 

As for actual names, my parents couldn’t agree on a name, or they hadn’t picked one yet. Unfortunately for them, I was 5 weeks early. At the hospital, my dad runs into an old acquaintance Dewey Hodges. He was also at the hospital having a son, my dad asks what they are naming him? He responds, “Kyle David.” My dad liked the name. It kinda helps he was named David. Kinda. Last month a coworker comes up to me to tell me that his friend Kyle Hodges just had a kid days before me. He didn’t know the story, but knew we shared the same birthday (his brothers as well).

As for the newborn, Ozzie is just an excellent name. My wife was very worried that I liked it too much since my taste is generally abstract and obscure.